Reversing Camera

old codger

May 14, 2017
North West England
High folks,

I see that reversing camera posts are a bit in the old chestnut class but I am hoping somebody can give me some advice on this.

I am trying to put a reversing camera on my 2009 Seat Exeo car. It is the wireless version that connects to an Iphone to show the picture.

Up to now I have been able to connect the camera wiring to a reverse light cable and run it into the boot area. With the aid of a camera filter to overcome the CANBUS problem it appears to work ok at that point.

My problem is that I intend to place the camera between the number plate lights just above the number plate. I don't know how to get the camera wire from the outside of the car into the boot area.

I took out the near side number plate lamp and its fittings to see if there was any way to follow that route. However, the cable goes straight back and disappears into the body so I cannot see which way it goes. It must do a left turn somewhere because poking a long the screwdriver through the light aperture it strikes metal and I cannot see any wires coming out and cannot hear where the screwdriver is banging.

I know that I will have to drill a hole above the number plate to feed the wire in but I don't know where it will come out. There are numerous holes in the cross panel above the bumper but none of the appear to go into the void at the back of the number plate light fitting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Old Codger

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members