Revo Cold Air Intake & Turbo Muffler Delete First Impressions

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
I have just fitted (my first ever) cold air intake from Revo. The install was simple enough and took me an hour or so out in the dark with a headtorch on.

I had already fitted the turbo muffler delete about 6 weeks ago and my impression of this device was fairly 'meh' at the time - there was no discernable sound and of course I couldn't tell if there was any performance benefit but looking at the design of the Revo unit and the OEM one it replaced there should be something.

However, with the new intake on there is now a fairly obvious induction noise under load and you can hear the turbo spool up and release the pressure - this part of the process seems louder than I would have thought so perhaps the muffler delete now plays a part in the noises coming from under the hood.

Wife hasn't noticed the new induction noise yet so I will have to update this review in time :whistle:

There isn't any discernable induction noise at 80mph - probably because of the road and wind noise drowning it out!

I am yet to go Stage 1, so the car is stock. Performance of the new intake is hard to tell yet but i will see if there is any benefit once the ECU has time to adjust.

Last edited:

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Yes, having given it good road test in the last 24 hours there are some points where i wouldn't necessarily expect to hear induction roar.

At low speed(20mph) 1/2 gear and about 1/4 throttle you can hear some induction roar and turbo spool wind up and down. I guess its audible because there is no real engine noise or road noise at low speed.

Of course, if you boot the throttle you get a fairly loud roar!

There certainly seems to be some performance increase - though it may just be less perceived lag from the turbo. She certainly seems to pick up speed a bit faster.

Reactions: LouG
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.