Revo DSG

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Yep it's available on the PD140 diesel and the FR TFSI pre-facelift - the six speed version.

It's now also available on the CR 170 FR.

It's also standard fit on the new petrol Ibiza FR & Cupra in seven speed flavour

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
to be honest i never even new seat did a DSG car:shrug:

Yep my olf FR had DSG on the 2.0TSFI, loved it and to be honest (and it may have been the higher noise from the smaller turbo) but since I had my Cupra not noticed much in terms of 0-60 but they may just be that the more power in the Cupra means less grip on the tarmac to start with!

I did consider Revo 1 on my FR but did not know of this special launch feature?

Sounds like it could be fun (Evo's have launch control :) )

Yep my olf FR had DSG on the 2.0TSFI, loved it and to be honest (and it may have been the higher noise from the smaller turbo) but since I had my Cupra not noticed much in terms of 0-60 but they may just be that the more power in the Cupra means less grip on the tarmac to start with!

I did consider Revo 1 on my FR but did not know of this special launch feature?

Sounds like it could be fun (Evo's have launch control :) )

Yeah launch control is built into the DSG as standard.

You put the car into sport mode or manual mode, put your left foot on the brake, press the traction control button to turn it off and then you keep your foot down on the accelerator. Think the revs are capped at 3,500rpm. Then when the time comes (the lights turn green ;)) let off the brake and you're launched forward. Feels like you've been shunted by a 16 wheeler :D

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Yeah launch control is built into the DSG as standard. You put the car into sport mode or manual mode, put your left foot on the brake, press the traction control button to turn it off and then you keep your foot down on the accelerator. Think the revs are capped at 3,500rpm. Then when the time comes (the lights turn green ;)) let off the brake and you're launched forward. Feels like you've been shunted by a 16 wheeler :D

i thought its cuts the engine if you press both brake and accelerator together?
Thats what the stealer told me?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
if you turn off the ESP first then put into S or "manual" then brake then accellerator at same time its fine.... ive used it....

the clutchs are fine stage one and stage two ! i will be going stage two in the near future...

i thought its cuts the engine if you press both brake and accelerator together?
Thats what the stealer told me?

what? You mean turn it off? cut out?

Even when in D and ESp is on it still doesn't do that, they accelerator just fights with the brakes!

Either the steeler as usual not having a clue or maybe just keeping it a secret so he can beat you at the lights in his company car :)

As for handling the power, the DSG box itself has been run with 400bhp+ and whatever the equivalent torque levels on some cars with no problems so the, so anything sub 300bhp should be a doddle.

The car itself does struggle sometimes to put the power down but it's expected in high power front wheel drive cars... Some forum people are making handling mods to try help reduce wheel hop etc.

You're not going to cause any damage by having th remap... well only your front tyres might get replaced often if you drive with a heavy right foot :whistle:

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
With a manual FR diesel you can use launch control too. Clutch down engage first floor it and it stays at 3.5k revs then drop the clutch. This was the case on '56 cars not sure if it has changed

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Well if you do it in neutral it just rags the tits off itself.... :blink:

It works on my car, 08 plate, and mine stops at 3000 rpm. On the standard FR TDI doing this results in getting about 5000 miles less on the tyres and it doesn't really go anywhere for a bit. Hopefully a WALK kit will reduce the wheel hop.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I had a 1.4 59 plate golf for a hire car the other week, and this had the launch control thing, but i think it went up to 4000rpm, god knows why they would evan put it on a 1.4?

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
does the dsg box handle the extra power from a remap ok?

It handles the power just fine - see my sig. Torque is the killer with gearboxes and mine has a sh!tload going through it!

My gearbox has Revo stage 2 on it to compliment the Revo Stage 2+ engine map and it is awesome. Also I've had the DSG in bits and had a Quaife ATB LSD fitted, which makes it even better.[B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members