Revo remap feels slow??

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
Hi guys,

Just after a bit of info really if anyone else has a stage 2 revo remap?

When I first bought the car 2 years ago it felt quick, however had some problems with it going into limp mode and found out the throttle body was loose (had 2 bolts holding it on which had come undone a touch) so I tightened these up which did stop the limp mode. Had it dyno'd and smoke tested after this as it just felt slower than what it should.

It made pretty poor figures on the dyno too, but this I feel wasn't really investigated enough and put down to possibly a tired turbo.

It has all supporting mods, this is Tom's old LCR and he spent a fortune on it.

Havnt really been able to look into this further until now and want to get it sorted

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_133022.jpg
    IMG_20210101_133022.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 122

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
Do you have any plots from when the car was originally modded and set up?

I guess at Stage 2 your looking for 270/250? These engines are all a bit tired by now unless it had a full rebuild. Same for the turbo.

What made you ‘feel’ it was slower? Pure acceleration or driving a road you know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
I don't have any plots when the revo was put on, only when it had a custom map on it from AMD.

When I first got it, it would pin you back and the torque steer was really noticeable, but I'm not sure if there would have been any sort of boost spikes due to the throttle body being loose? But this is when it would go into limp mode afterwards, so it may have been that.

Plus I noticed it on the boost gauge.

Yeah it's still the original internals etc, but even with all the mods on it, 246bhp seems low to me ?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Check all the vac lines , my mates tt225 had all his replaced and it made a noticeable difference in how it boosted

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
When was all the obvious stuff changed? Oil, spark plugs, coils? What recirc valve is on it? Ever changed the N75?

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
I serviced it myself last year, then again last week, so I know it's not due to spark plugs etc. Plus it has the 008 on it which I serviced too and all looked good.
N75 got changed the other day just to rule that out.

However, bit of a strange one but a couple of days back I took off the airbox (which has a 3" cold feed to it from front fog) as I wanted to smooth it/drill it, sorted all that out then have put it back on earlier. Went out for a drive and it feels much better ?

Can hear the turbo/DV alot more (part to do with new holes from drilling) but feels much quicker. So no idea if the maf wasn't fitted tight enough or the TIP?

Much happier now anyways!

Reactions: Rich.T
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.