Revo vs Superchips vs Quantum Remap

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Fair point, l will use the Shell V-Power.
So I'm back to the remaps, does anyone have any experience with the Superchips remaps (since they were taken over this year)?

Have superchips on my 1.8 TSI and had one on my mk2 cupra. A lot of people slate them but I have no complaints and driveabilty, power and torque increase is amazing. I had a dyno run on my Leon ST and bhp was around 247 with 360nm torque. That was before I fitted a milltek catback.

chris_brown

Sep 3, 2020
Have superchips on my 1.8 TSI and had one on my mk2 cupra. A lot of people slate them but I have no complaints and driveabilty, power and torque increase is amazing. I had a dyno run on my Leon ST and bhp was around 247 with 360nm torque. That was before I fitted a milltek catback.
Is it the remap you have or the chip/bluefin?

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
I have had Most of the generic maps on various cars and tbh they all do what they say its the after service if things go wrong which separates the good from the bad .In the early days of mapping there was some right dodgy places but if you stick to the big ones you will have no bother Just had a Rocco R for three yaers with a Revo map on enging and DSG no probs .Now I have a new 290 and mapped it straight away after a couple of thousand miles put it on the rollers its putting out 370 no other mods and running on Tesco 99

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I have had Most of the generic maps on various cars and tbh they all do what they say its the after service if things go wrong which separates the good from the bad .In the early days of mapping there was some right dodgy places but if you stick to the big ones you will have no bother Just had a Rocco R for three yaers with a Revo map on enging and DSG no probs .Now I have a new 290 and mapped it straight away after a couple of thousand miles put it on the rollers its putting out 370 no other mods and running on Tesco 99

Exactly, I've had
"Custom Code/JBS" on Ibiza 1.4TDI
"Custom Code/JBS" on Leon FR TDI PD170... the numbers were fudged so ended up with Shark Performance in the end
APR on MK2 Leon Cupra R
Revo on MK3 Cupra 280, switched to APR eventually for higher power output
COBB on Porsche as APR don't do my engine
"Ecomax" on MK1 Leon PD150, bought the car with it, one of these man with a van types, file was terrible, now have a file from PDtuning.net

So all of them established companies apart from Ecomax and their "custom" file was absolutely terrible and not safe at all.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Exactly, I've had
"Custom Code/JBS" on Ibiza 1.4TDI
"Custom Code/JBS" on Leon FR TDI PD170... the numbers were fudged so ended up with Shark Performance in the end
APR on MK2 Leon Cupra R
Revo on MK3 Cupra 280, switched to APR eventually for higher power output
COBB on Porsche as APR don't do my engine
"Ecomax" on MK1 Leon PD150, bought the car with it, one of these man with a van types, file was terrible, now have a file from PDtuning.net

So all of them established companies apart from Ecomax and their "custom" file was absolutely terrible and not safe at all.
If I was going for a Custom Map I think I would use Jabba Sport and Generic would deffo be Revo

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.