Ride quality

Monkeyhanger

Have had the car for two weeks or so now. I like many aspects of the car but ride quality and road noise are the main bugbears.
The ride is undeniably firm. This im sure helps the handling but on rough or potholed roads its uncomfortable, especially compared with the Megane I had previously.
Vibration and road noise are an issue at higher speeds. On a smooth surface its great but on the rougher road surfaces the volume rises and the associated vibration seems to set off little rattles and buzzes around the dash.
Being a lease car ive got this for 3 years. Ive heard that the suspension can be adjusted but as for the road noise etc I doubt I can do anything.
This must be worse in the sportier models.
Does anyone else have these issues?

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
thats what the stereo's for, to hide the rattles, crank it up, hehe....

I find mine ok. Yeah it is a little firm at times but I prefer that, makes me feel kinda safe...

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
I have similar issues with both the road noise and low speed engine noise, droning (2.0 Tdi) but the ride is nice imo, the sport version was a little harsh though
Tyres are Michelins I think, would Bridgestone or Dunlop or whatever other tyres are fitted improve things?
I drove a Sport for a week as a test drive before I got the lease vehicle and although the ride was harder I am pretty sure it wasn't as noisey as mine is now
At the 10k service is it worth mentioning this to the dealer?

I also have this as a lease car for 3 years:shrug:

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
thik so.....I cant really tell cause I have my music on, but Ive swapped it for a reno clio 1.2 and I cant tell as the ride is that much firmer, but as said before I prefer the harder ride....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise