Road / Cabin Noise?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Just wanted to sound this out with other Seat drivers as my car has been like this ever since I bought it.

I have a 57 plate, Leon, the 2.0T FSI version with the DSG on it.

While driving at low speeds I seem to hear a wobbling/vibration sound (best way I can describe it!) that get quicker and quicker as speed increase and then the noise seems to go away.

It is a tad irritating and I don't think its is normal cabin noise expected on these cars.

I did check the wheels to make sure they are securely on and have recently invested in some new font tyres but problem still exisits, I am not aware of any handling problems.

The noise does however appear to be coming from the drivers side rear??

Any clues on what to check? Wondered if anything loose or something like that?

Thanks in advance

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
cheers, ill get it checked out.

I guess from that that cabin noise isn't something that you should usually expect in a SEAT (well over and above what the norm is anyway!

Thanks

jaid

Nov 1, 2004
I took my Leon FR Tdi into Seat today and they have diagnosed my rumbling sound as a wheel bearing, they are replacing it on tuesday will let you know if it is a lot different afterwards. Goodway to diagnose it was to steer sharply left to right (say in a closed carpark) and the sound will stop or start depending on which way u r steering.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
My rear wheel bearings went at about 16k miles on my FR.. Got them sorted and it was so much quieter afterwards. Only took my dealer about 4 hrs to do them! :D

jaid

Nov 1, 2004
Hi did both of your wheel bearings go or just one side?? and was it rear bearings??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise