Rolling Road Mapping or ECU Flash

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So LCR needs a map (tried google maps - didnt go well - got lost) - I know I need a down pipe as mine is standard however should I just get an ecu flash type map first (Stage 1 sort of thing) or wait and get a down pipe then find a rolling road ?.

What may dictate things is A. I want a down pipe with a cat. B. Can the down pipe be changed with simple tools from underneath the car on jack stands ?.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’d go RR over a plug in all day.
Can map without downpipe
Thought my downpipe had been changed when exhaust was done.
Dirty pigs lied.
Still mapped alright.
Not too important on a stage 1.
Figures will increase on their own if you add a downpipe afterwards too.
Mine did an extra 13 brake and 20lbs when I added a decat and downpipe.
Was stage 2 but you get what I mean.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I wouldn't want to change a downpipe on my driveway (i dont have a driveway).
To remove it in one piece its subframe and steering ect down.
The other option is to chop it to pieces with a pipe cutter or grinder.
A big job.

Rich

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Ah - Good information that - So its not really a DIY job then - cool think I'll give it a miss and not bother with a remap then (wouldnt have gone hybrid turbo is I had realised this).

Hmm food for thought

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Its already got that or is it the fuzzy headed driver.......Dont see any point in spending £300-400 for just 25 BHP.

Its already got an airtec fmic, K04-64 hybrid turbo, B5 TIP and airfilter , port matched inlet manifold and a slew of other its n bobs ...oh and 1 good coil pack, 1 iffy and 2 dead.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Its worth getting it custom mapped to tie up all the mods its had done otherwise it wont reach the potential of the money spent.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yeah forgot to say it’s a ramp job.
Expect to pay 180 - 200 quid to have it changed.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Cheeky but the LC downpipe is piss to change. Get the car on ramps and it takes me about 20 mins now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I must admit, life would have been easier and cheaper if the LCR downpipe was the same as yours.

Reactions: Sl1ced

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
So LCR needs a map (tried google maps - didnt go well - got lost) - I know I need a down pipe as mine is standard however should I just get an ecu flash type map first (Stage 1 sort of thing) or wait and get a down pipe then find a rolling road ?.

What may dictate things is A. I want a down pipe with a cat. B. Can the down pipe be changed with simple tools from underneath the car on jack stands ?.
Maybe give AMD a call to figure out your options.
Always comes down to money at the end of the day.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So I have decided not to go for a remap - Seems pointless if I cannot change the downpipe (most gains to be made) and therefore make the most of the mods already installed.

Ball park figures (so not at all confirmed)
Remap - £400-500
Downpipe + CAT - £400 plus second hand £800 plus new
Fitting £200

Cant justify £1500 for a downpipe and remap (working on worst case scenario) - Would however consider it if it wasn't for dropping the bloody subframe - that is making it truly "diyable" and could save the labour and associated costs. (Being 16 years old now you know for a fact it will throw up a surprise cost or 3)

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I had my downpipe replaced recently with a 3inch item (and 200 cell cat).
They chopped the old one out in situ without the need to lower the subframe to save time/money and any risks and problems that arise.
Came to £650 all in fitted.

But they are quick enough cars as is so not going ahead probably isnt a great loss 👍

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I had my downpipe replaced recently with a hand made ss 3inch item (and 200 cell cat).
They chopped the old one out in situ without the need to lower the subframe to save time/money and any risks and problems that arise.
Came to £650 all in fitted.

But they are quick enough cars as is so not going ahead probably isnt a great loss 👍

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So I have decided not to go for a remap - Seems pointless if I cannot change the downpipe (most gains to be made) and therefore make the most of the mods already installed.

Ball park figures (so not at all confirmed)
Remap - £400-500
Downpipe + CAT - £400 plus second hand £800 plus new
Fitting £200

Cant justify £1500 for a downpipe and remap (working on worst case scenario) - Would however consider it if it wasn't for dropping the bloody subframe - that is making it truly "diyable" and could save the labour and associated costs. (Being 16 years old now you know for a fact it will throw up a surprise cost or 3)

Figures on the high side there slightly.
Downpipe n cats come up a fair bit second hand
Decat is even cheaper!!
Would Bill charge that much for a map? Sure I paid under 400 on a custom mk1. But I haven’t checked recently tbh.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Most places are about 100 an hours ish..
You wouldn't need a full remap so to speak. More tweeking that's all.
It's not like you have changed pistons rods, valve sizes and put in mega cams. That would be 4-500 as it takes hours todo . But with the mods you have done 1-2 hours at the most... at a reasonable rolling road. Other will fook about just to bump up the money.