roof aerial removal

darmon

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me.

I have an anti-theft roof aerial on my Leon, I'm trying to remove this for a smaller, more subtle aerial, but I just cant!

I can unscrew it but it just doesnt pull off.

Is there a way to remove this?

Cheers
Si

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Takes commitment and weetabix.
Get a good firm grip, and pull. DON'T lever it up with your elbows, or you will put tiny dinks in the roof!

darmon

Takes commitment and weetabix.
Get a good firm grip, and pull. DON'T lever it up with your elbows, or you will put tiny dinks in the roof!

I shall have to try that after breakfast tomorrow then:lol:

so its OK just to pull at it- i'll unscrew it tomorrow and then give it a pull, and see what happens! Cheers mate.:clap::D

caveo

iv seen some shark fin aerails on ebay , does anyone recamend doing this and would it be a hard job ( they were only 13 quid )

darmon

apologises- i'm still getting used to the site!

Thanks for the help though, I had a go this morning and it came off without problems!

So I can try and put the new one on tonight. I'm guessing its probably best to try and get the thread out of the old aerial and use that with the new one, so that the anti-theft system is still there?

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
unlikely that will work

you can put a new arial on but i doubt you will have the anti theft feature.

most people put the honda s2000 arial on but im looking for something else so i dont get the overhang lip where the arial meets the car.

darmon

well, i tried to get the old thread out of the other aerial at lunch time- but i couldnt do it.

I tried to fit the new aerial, but the thread seems slightly too small for the rubber on the roof, so trying to find away around it.

Failing this- i'll return it and go for another aerial!

sykesytdi

May 15, 2008
redditch
aerial removal???

hey all i tried to remove my ariel last night to put on a bee sting one but i couldnt get it off...... un screwed it all the way but it wouldnt come off..... didnt wanna pull it in case it snapped off...... done a search but cant find any info..... thanks guys :duck:

Bosher

i found when i fitted my bee sting that the threaded stud was a bit on the short side if u screwed it fully into the aerial. So unscrewed it a bit then wound it into the base part... all nice and secure now as it squidgies the rubber on the base.. :D

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.