Rough idle and white smoke

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Since a little while I’m running in to some issues with my Cupra 290 ST (MY19). Currently It’s TVS Stage 2 (Custom Downpipe 200 Cell with GPF removed) tuned with a RacingLine R600 intake and Elbow.

The car has some sort of a rough idle when the engine is at operating temperature. Occasionally It also happens when the engine is cold. When I open the door I hear some sort of a ‘ticking sound’ like an engine cooling down. It’s randomly ticking, so not in sequence.

Recently I discovered my car is white smoking a little when running idle and after starting the engine. It’s not a lot but it’s almost always there. I must admit it did before but I always thought It was due to the new Downpipe and exhaust. Beside this, the car smells a bit like fuel when standing near the exhaust but not in the cabin.

Things I did so far:
  • New Spark Plugs (they did look fine, no signs of oil/liquids)
  • New PCV and hose
  • New Coilpacks
Also, the car is not using oil and the coolant is at the same level for like a year or so. As far as I can see there are no visual leaks and the oil looks good as well. Personally I’m thinking of the injectors.

Car is clear of any faults (OBD)

I know there are a lot of threads suggesting faulty valve stem seals or turbo/main gasket leak, but since I have some specific issues, I decided to give it a shot and opened a new thread. Anyone experienced the same?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.