Rough noise on start up Mk2 Leon Cupra

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
Thought i would start a new thread on this on as i dont want to go off topic on the other one lol

Right, i dont know if this is a normal cupra noise but on start up it sounds like a diesel
just as it fires up a grruumm noise... as i say sounds like a diesel lol. its deffinatly an engine noise and not from the exaust

once its started it idels with a normal noise although every now and then a bit of a blip and the revs drop slightly which you can feel as a judder when on tick over is this normal also

thanks in advance

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
thats just fine then lol only had it 4days still gettin used to all the noises and iv only got 3 month warrenty so trying to get anything wrong sorted now lol

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Mines an fr and exactly same as you describe been like that from new, car as always ran fine with no issues standard or stage 1 so i assume that its just a trait of the 2 litre engine being noisy on startup.

wellingbadboy

Hello guys , i know this is an old thread but just bought my car from main dealer its a 2.0tfsi with fsh and mine sounds really rough on start in the morning. anyone know the cause of this or is it normal. after the first start the car runs fine and other starts are not so bad. thanks again guys

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
See page 156 of the owners handbook
noisy_zps9bc314e5.png

THE FUD

Dec 27, 2005
Im so happy i seen this post.Ive had mine 3 days and also sounds like a diesel on start up, leon k1 this made me relax now cheers for post.

Ant B

same with TSI too well my ex 1.4 tsi (single turbo charged)

And mine (1.4TSI)! Surprised how noisy the engine is to be honest; very quiet at idle (keep thinking it's stalled when stopped at traffic lights!) but quite noisy when thrashed...

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
I have just changed my Oil to Castrol Edge 5/30 as it is supposed to be better quality than the VW stuff,have noticed the Tsi is definitely quieter no tick at all so far.

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Did anyone here notice that the car starts up different with clutch pressed ?
I have BSH engine mounts, i think they have been bedded in by now.. but I find the car stats up kinda rough.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
They all start up rough from cold, post #11 explains it from the handbook.
When warmed up then off/on there is a noticeable difference.

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
If I start mine from cold it sounds awful, if I start it up after its been at idle temperature it starts lovely. These engines just sound shite when cold lol

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Blimey the Op posted this in 2011 .....and he's not been on the site since 2013 !

But at least it helps everyone else on this site that has the same ENGINE .And yes, agree with other posts ,mine exactly the same ,but once warm it's a beast .
Really pleased with it ...touch wood ,5.5 months to go to warranty end ,but hardly any Oil used,idle perfect ,and no misfires :happy:

All to their own,but I never get it any beans until it's warmed up ..;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.