Route to U.K./Ireland

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
A question for the brain trust here, what route do the cars take to the UK. Where do SEAT cars get the boat?

speedracer_uk

Oct 14, 2016
Mine came from Spain and arrived in the UK at Port of Tyne.

When the car was delivered to the dealer I was nearby and dropped in and it still had all the shipping info and build sheet stuff attached.

speedracer_uk

Oct 14, 2016
No idea, the only info on the sticker on the window was:-

Plant - 49 Martorell, Spain
Delivery Address - England Tyne

Everything else is VIN numbers, production numbers etc.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Thanks, I expect Emden is where it'll go. It was built 2 weeks ago but still showing as in marotell

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I'm not certain it's still the same, but back in 2014 when I bought mine SEAT shipped UK orders from Barcelona to either Sheerness - where mine went, or Port of Tyne for northern counties. I don't know if Irish orders would be shipped separately or not but I imagine they may be. My car came over on a ship called Galicia... Very, very slowly.

SEAT martorell is linked to Barcelona docks with a dedicated train line.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm not certain it's still the same, but back in 2014 when I bought mine SEAT shipped UK orders from Barcelona to either Sheerness - where mine went, or Port of Tyne for northern counties. I don't know if Irish orders would be shipped separately or not but I imagine they may be. My car came over on a ship called Galicia... Very, very slowly.

SEAT martorell is linked to Barcelona docks with a dedicated train line.

This.

Mine came on the Galicia as well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise