RR What should I expect ???

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Afternoon everyone,

Right i have a RR session booked on Saturday in solihull through the thread on the midlands meet.

Ive never been on one before and i have done a search and have had a read ( great tool that search ) and looked at peoples figures but I really have no idea what to expect from my motor.

It has a induction kit with samco intake hose, SS exhaust system and Decat. I take good care of it and its last service was 2k ago.

what should i be aiming for ?

16v by the way....

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
I'm not too bad, loads of coursework at the minute, hopefully it'll improve around february time....

If it makes 150 (as per the book) and add a few % for the mods then you should be looking for ~160 I would think. Like you said, it's been looked after, and it's quite low mileage too IIRC?

ChrisGTI

I agree, 150 as standard, so with a couple of small mods i'd expect about 160!

BrownCupra

Nov 13, 2008
I agree, 150 as standard, so with a couple of small mods i'd expect about 160!

Yh they are booked at 150, but I have mine booked in for a RR sesion on wednesday and the guy told me he normaly see's more like 144 with a standard GTI...

I hope you get 160 mate with the way mine runs I wil be pleased with 130 lol:lol:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
we will soon find out mate, i really want to know what its bhp is as i am sick of guessing. I would be over the moon with 160.

love the orange on white rims by the way.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
i think 160 is realistic on a well maintained engine my old valver after its head rebuild could keep up with and often upset cars putting out 20-30bhp more.

I haven't heard as many stories about the 16v being way over book as i have the 8v though, they have been known to reach 5-10bhp over book standard :shrug:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I had mine on the rollers in the summer with a BMC CDA fitted and saw that kind of figure, so i'm sure you will be seeing the same :D

Ollie

BrownCupra

Nov 13, 2008
Wel I took mine today and she is down on a few ponies! lol

130.6 bhp.... not quite 150 lol

I knew it would be around that figure, weird how I guesed 130 before I took it :lol:

The guy compresion tested it and said it has 180 psi compresion which is aparantly good.

But there is a sensor in the dizzy thats foobard, he deleted the code for it but it kept comeing back on as a fault, hall sensor or something, he thinks its retarding the ignition and creating the los in power....

does that make sense to anyone? :confused:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
yeah if the dizzy is timmed up correctly isint going to help matters,,its a common error paople seem to make if theyve been replaced it seems

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Yes, it means that the spark plug is firing at the wrong point in the cycle, so the engine is either burning the fuel too early or too late.

If it's too early, you create the force while the cylinder is still on it's way up and it's wasted.
If it's too late, you don't burn all of the fuel... again it's wasted.

Greasemonkey

Apr 27, 2008
Hull
Don't waste your money on a new sensor, get the ignition timing checked first. Mine was logging hall sensor fault, set ignition timing and fault no longer present!!

Paul

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.