RS6 alloys

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The design of them would, I think, mean they look smaller than they are if you go for 17's. Nice wheels, nice design, suit the car well. They have been tried and tested 101 times before so it's nothing new. But the size of them might make them look smaller than they are.

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
Hmm thats what I suspected, I've seen the 18 inch versions and they look right, but I don't want to go any bigger than 17s or lower the car. If they seem odd, I'll just get tyres for the standard alloys..

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
A good thing to think about when choosing smaller wheels, is find wheels where the spokes are too wide but they go right to the outer edge of the wheels. That gives a visual impression of being bigger than they are.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
After SEAT quoted me £400 to replace one slightly curb damaged alloy I decided to replace all of the wheels with the 18" OZ Ultra Leggeras.

They come in sizes of 15" upwards and the spokes go right to the extreme of the rim - the 17's would look great on your Cupra. They are much lighter than standard alloys and have made a real difference to the handling characteristics of the car. I hunted around a bit on the internet and got them much cheaper than originally quoted. A local tyre company fitted them with 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s. All done within 3 days of ordering.

The only downside is they are a bugger to keep clean!

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
They look quite nice, a little like the Team Dynamics Motorsports I had on my old Rover.
The bonus with the RS6 replicas was that the wheels and tyres (225 Avons) seem to weigh in at about 500 quid from Rochford tyres, the four tyres alone must be nearly £300 so that seemed like a bargain - especially as my standard alloys are all kerbed :doh:

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I was really quite nervous about getting them having no idea how they would look on the car but i went for the crystal titanium finish and i was so relieved when they were fitted. They looked better than I could have hoped for!

I just need to take some pictures of them now!

That is a great price for your wheels - i have always been a big fan of Audi wheels. I was at the dealership at the weekend admiring an RS6 saloon.

Which rover did you have? I had the 200 Vi before my LCR. I accidentally wrote it off by rolling it into a ditch on a dark country lane at two in the morning!! I spent so much money on that car!!

Scamps

Not a cupra, but 17" RS6 on a 130 TDi SE. Picture in Sig. Gives you an idea i guess, but the different bumpers / sills will probably make the wheels look slightly smaller on your car.

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
Which rover did you have? I had the 200 Vi before my LCR. I accidentally wrote it off by rolling it into a ditch on a dark country lane at two in the morning!! I spent so much money on that car!!

:D I had a 218 iS, then 200SX then a Cupra. I spent a load modifying that too, sold it for bugger all as Rover went down the tubes the week the ad went in :(

Scamp - I think youre right, they will look a bit small on my car.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
It was a real shame about Rover - I had the 214is before the Vi and both head gaskets went!

Wheels definitely make a car - are there any others you are considering?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
17 s will look shite on the leon, might as well save up for 18s,

also dont do the rs6 reps its been done to death

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
Ok I've decided to go for some decent tyres for the standard wheels for the moment, off to mytyres to browse :) thanks for the opinions.

TheSultanofPing

May 9, 2007
Its got Continental Contisport Contacts on there now, are the Pilot Sports cheaper? I'm naturally bias'd towards Eagle F1's because they were the best tyre for the SX, but they weren't that cheap and one of the reasons I changed to a Leon Cupra was to save money. I'd also looked at Vredestein, Kumho and Falken but they can be difficult to find unless ordered online.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Sorry it took so long to reply, Pilot Sports aren't cheap for a reason. The PS2s I run are road and track capable. I appreciate that you are trying to save money but I would insist that tyres are the one thing you should never scrimp on. What did you end up going for?

A lot of the lads on the forum speak very highly of the Eagle F1s. The following site may be useful to you....what helped me make my decision...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I think it depends on the wheel design, tyre tread pattern and ride height plus Some styles make 17" look smaller than others. :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise