Running Water

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Last night I noticed a noise for the first time from my Ateca (might have been there before but masked by the stereo!). It's difficult to describe, but it sounds a bit like water sloshing around or running down a pipe. It seems to happen when braking and/or turning at slow speeds and seems to be at the front on the driver's side. No obvious signs of leaks inside or out.

Anyone got any ideas, or should I just turn the stereo up again?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
As you have a brand new Cupra Ateca (awesome) would you think it wise to take into your SEAT garage for them to get it looked at under warranty as you shouldn't get water noises I don't think lol...

If you close the air vents does the noise change when the water moves, I assume it would be deeper if it was in your vent ducts.

I personally only deal with logic and don't really have any experience to back it up lol You don't have water in your headlights/fogs do you? I know that sounds silly lol

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Nowhere in the sills/doors that could have blocked drain holes? Experienced it once before on a Suzuki? Some one had plastered under seal along the sills and over the drain holes, easy fix, but in something newish it would be the dealer for me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.