Rusty front arches

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
As above has anyone had these on their Ibiza?

Our Mk4 Cupra TDI has got rusty arches on both sides. We have owned the car since new so are somewhat suprised that this is happening.

I know there is a 12 year rust warranty so will be getting it into the dealers to get it fixed..... Can't wait for that argument :lol:

Has anyone else had this and had it fixed?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
The bodywork is galvanised. Trouble is, when the paint is chipped severely, it takes off the galvanise coating also, exposing bare steel. As the wheelarches are susceptible to stones battering them, this is often where they start rusting.

Ibia FR 1.8T

Oct 4, 2007
Erskine
The bodywork warranty covers rust from the inside to out. It will more than likely been have damaged paintwork wether thats stone chips etc and rust has eventually set in.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
The bodywork is galvanised. Trouble is, when the paint is chipped severely, it takes off the galvanise coating also, exposing bare steel. As the wheelarches are susceptible to stones battering them, this is often where they start rusting.

The car is now on 100k miles but is not severely stone chipped. Also has a full Seat history.

If it were any other manufacturer I would be happy in the knowledge that they would fix under the warranty without argument, but Seat I'm going to have to have an argument and send letters to the MD again.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Would be interested to see pics.

I'd heard (and seen, on my own!) of rust appearing at the bottom of the wing where it meets the sill, but never on the arch! That is disappointing.

Lowe

Jan 8, 2012
Newcastle Under Lyme
I've got a small rust patch starting on the drivers wing. 05reg, 80k. Am I expecting SEAT to deal with it? Nah, that's bound to be a stone chip. However the inside of the doors on the B pillar is also going and I'm not taking that lying down. So far I'm being ignored by the dealer. Going to write to HQ and see what they have to say. :)

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
mine offside has just gone rusty above the wheel.
+ keep this post up to-date please, any progress lets all put the presure on

Modelmakerman

Mk4 Ibiza FR TDi
Apr 24, 2010
Bristol, UK
www.modelmakerman.com
Mymorph what year and how many miles?

This is starting to look like a batch problem which should make a better case for us to get our cars fixed if we all got together and took our case to Seat Head office

Anyone else? The more people with the same problem the more likely it is Seat will HAVE to do something.