RVC retrofitted today.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

My car's original owner (I'm the second one) had nicely ticked a lot of option boxes when ordering the car but he had passed up the RVC, which is among the relatively cheaper options. Even if I never really needed a reversing camera, I would pick that one too, just for the sake of completeness, and besides, I just love having electronic toys! So retrofitting the original RVC was in my mind since the day one. After nine months of ownership, I decided it was time to do it and went to the local SEAT dealer, ordered the RVC kit from the list of accessories ( https://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.net/xx/product/product/41/2094/4388 ) . The package arrived on the afternoon of the same day and I booked a service appointment for installation today. Everything went well and there were no problems, except when the technicians were confused by the installation leaflet where it says select " 5F - Ateca, 2017 > " for target vehicle type, At first, they ignored the instruction and selected "5F - Leon, 2013 >" and it resulted in an error. At that point I became aware of the problem and involved in the coding procedure. They were mistaken by the model name but the instruction meant that the hardware is for all 5F cars after 2017, including facelifted Leons, and also Atecas, which were a new member of the 5F family in 2017 model year. So I told them to select 5F-Ateca 2017>, they reluctantly agreed to try that and voilà: It worked like a charm without errors. Later they even told me "Sir, we're glad that you didn't leave and stayed here, ignoring our advice not to wait" :giggle:

Cheers,
Serdar

20220214_121819.JPG
20220214_132617.JPG
20220214_160525.JPG