• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Oct 10, 2026
2
1
Hello, I own a 2015 Seat Leon 5F (FR trim) equipped with a Harman MIB2 unit. It crashed—getting stuck on a frozen image and preventing access even to the "blue screen" mode—but I managed to unblock it. However, I couldn't create a backup of the unit; to get it running again, I had to use a file named `ifs-root.ifs` containing a lightweight version of the original system. So far, so good, but I am now looking for the *original* `ifs-root.ifs` file for the MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4700 system. It would be great if someone had it, as the files in the backup directory on MIB Solution aren't accessible. I’d really appreciate any help.
 
Welcome to the Forum,

If the files you are looking for are Firmware then I would point you to the Forum Rules

Copyrighted manuals, maps & software​

To protect SEATCUPRA.NET and respect the rights of SEAT, CUPRA, Volkswagen Group and other rights holders, the following rules apply:
  • Official links only: You may only link to manuals, owner handbooks, technical documents or map updates when they are published openly and officially on CUPRA, SEAT or Volkswagen Group websites.
  • No re-hosting: Do not upload, attach, embed, mirror or re-host manufacturer manuals, workshop documents, technical PDFs, map files, firmware or software on SEATCUPRA.NET.
  • No third-party manual sites: Links to manual aggregator websites, file-sharing platforms or unofficial repositories are not permitted, even if the content appears freely accessible.
  • Navigation maps: Links to official manufacturer map update pages are allowed. Unofficial mirrors, modified map files, patched installers, unlock tools or activation workarounds are prohibited.
  • Software & firmware: Uploading or linking to firmware, software packages, cracked diagnostic tools, licence keys or activation tools is prohibited. Discussion of updates is permitted, but files must not be shared.
  • User-created guides: Original member-written guides, walkthroughs and photos are encouraged, provided they do not reproduce substantial copyrighted material.
 
Thanks for the quick reply. I am indeed new to the site—big hello to the community. I own a 2015 Seat Leon FR (150 TDI), and to get back to the topic at hand:

I have several files in the folder—specifically in the "RCC" section—but flashing them makes no difference; the system takes ages to boot up and then freezes. Could you be a bit more specific? It would be great if you could help me out. I also heard that you can use the "Stage 2" file found in "MMX 2," but I’m not sure about that—please let me know.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nd-photo.nl