Sat nav

Feb 24, 2023
Hi all, new to the site just purchased a 2019 seat leon cupra 290 unfortunately the car did not come with the sat nav memory card, untill reading this site i thaught any card would fit but apparently the overall.nds file locks it to unit, i know the sat nav version was v6 as i have the case ive got a genuine copy but its v9, does anybody have a few overall.nds files to share for me to try to avoid having to download the whole map file?? Thanks chris

Tell

Staff member
Yes the map navigation thread found one solution that fits all. I documented it in the resource section.

Basically the units work with any overall.nds file of the missing map card release but not after. So we go back to v1 of the Seat mapcard which is on a Skoda release shown in the thread. Before that I was scrambling about looking for releases to help people but you didn't have to as it turned out. You could just take the original one from v1. It uses a common feature of mib2 map files any old map can be used with mapcare but not after. Moving the nds file makes the unit think its on that map release.

There is a rinkle on one year thou of going backwards from the release year.

It's this release that fixes 99% of the missing nds file issue.

Take a copy of what you have got on a new bought card. Download the above. Extract out the NDS file out. Copy and try. Failing that try all of the download. When working use the latest download serial 2010 and write the v1 nds file onto it. The link to the latest maps I've put in the resource. Probably have to use a zoned region now they have popped 16gb or buy a 32gb vag card off ebay if you fancy driving across Europe rather than the zones that fit on the 16gb card. Nds workaround trick again on those.

If its the 1%... hmm. That was covered in the thread. Bit more fiddling. Vag had a manufacturing error with one release on the nds file. I read about that on a Spanish thread and its come up twice now on this board. This might be where the whole release of v1 has to be put in. You can go back just one year before the problem card if it's that. It gives it a kick.

Basically the nds workaround trick causes FeCs to be rewritten in the unit. You get extra FeCs which you pick up via a scan which you can ignore. Don't worry about any scan errors nobody does.

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
It might be modded not to use mapcare or it was the wrong box or had never had a map card put in it. They are prepped waiting for the first card to be installed then that's the release it work with. Saying that there were some Cupra around that period that were sold in Europe with life long FeCs on the standard unit. Might be one of them. Seat seemed to relent on Mapcare on Cupra towards the end of mib2 but not on Seats thou.

In this thread:

This table from those posts - See below. If its 074000EE then that is the life long standard FeC.

You can look at your FeC doing this:

1. Hold Menu button until service mode shows.
2. Press "Function enabling codes (FEC, SWaP)"
3. Press "Installed codes"

Look for the FEC starting with 074 and note down the two last characters.

If it end with EE you got one of the vehicles with a life long FeC so it's like having a VW or Skoda. You don't need the work around. The week of release of the map and year is tagged. It uses a running Hex in quarters, but maps are released at six monthly.

Where the workaround is used you get a jumble of navigation codes but it works 😂. Essentially it recomputes the code for the map file inserted with the workaround but leaves in the original.

Navigation Standard
07400000DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_SOP1
0740000CDB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_45_17
0740000EDB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_22_18
07400010DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_45_18
07400012DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_22_19
07400014DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_45_19
07400016DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_22_20
07400018DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_45_20
074000EEDB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SEAT_Lifetime_Mapcare

Reactions: Walone
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.