Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So as plans go.... I'm not getting another Seat, instead, I'm going old school before 2000....

I'm buying:
MK3 Astra (B204 Swap will be happening)
Vectra B 2.5 V6 SRi Saloon 1999
Omega 3.2 V6 MV6 Manual Saloon

Keeping:
Ibiza Cupra PD160 (Satan)
Astra MK5 Estate 1.9CDTi 150 (Katy)

So yeah, my plans haven't gone as planned, the 3 cars im buying I've already put £200 deposit down on all of them..... next up is look for a unit, traders insurance and also make sure my MOT tester is ready for the work I'm gonna throw at him, lol.

@kanyewest well you should know what I'm like with my Vauxhall's dude.... here you go. 3 more for the collection, lol

Reactions: kanyewest

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So 38 ish hours ago, tired as hell, no sleep for 48 hours at 2:30 in the morning I drove all the way down Weymouth (Portland) to pick up a car I've waited 9 years for. Yes you heard that right. 9 YEARS!!! Ever since my last one died I've been on and off looking for one. Well then is the time, I bagged myself a pure MINTER for just £700. I got myself another Vauxhall Vectra B 2.5 V6 SRi Saloon and boy did I miss these. Driving this 3 hours and 40 minutes ish back was just a pure blessing. I loved every single second of it, Infact I love it that much I'm say in Teg as I type this.

Then yesterday, another thing happened and the memories of why I loves these cars came back to me, I seen a pure breed, tan and white American Akita..... (I had one and it was 9 years to this day I got a photo of mine behind the steering wheel of my Vectra) well I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to do that again. The dude was cool about it all. Thank you sir. You are a boss.

Anyway, back to Teg, he's a 170BHP 2.5 V6 1999 Vectra SRi Saloon in Silver (again, same as DLO170) So.... Anyway, driving back, never missed a beat. Drove back perfect, knocked from every single corner of the car but hey, it's 20 years old. It's gonna need work and I'm not even at all a slight bit annoyed with it, it drinks fuel which who cares. I don't, I'm gonna update all the bushes (poly) roll bars (If I can find some) and throw it on coilovers (yeah, low rider) and throw it on 18s (off Katy) there the plans for this (at minute till the engine work starts)

As for Satan, he's met Teg, wasn't best pleased (refused to started, 6 times, I gave up) left h on the drive, walked off. Simple as, but got timing belt, water pump, cam and crank sensor and they're getting replaced not this Friday, next Friday when I get paid again. Then I'll be ripping around in Satan for a little with his Hybrid turbo, boom, sick. Katy is coming off the road cause Satan is coming back on the road (it's gotta) then hopefully middle of Jan I get him all resprayed and stuff (currently working 13 hours a day, starting at 1PM and finishing at 2AM) at the minute Satan is kinda dead, kinda dirty, kinda not caring for him anymore, well YET anyway. I need solid boost pipes for him (He did have them till I found out it rubbed a HUGE hole in the metal one off the alternator pulley) so that's that. Next on my list to do to Satan is Coilovers after getting it on the road, then 205/40/17 Rainsport 3 tires because these crap T1-R tires just wanna MURDER me. I've got them on the Vec my god they're pure rubbish..... so anyway. That's me done, you guys are updated, Pics of everything will be sorted soon.

barryTee

May 17, 2016
Bit of an old thread, but Im looking for advice on a traders policy. James can you recommend one?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.