• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

meep meep

Newbie
Jun 22, 2006
64
0
Going to be wiring up an autogauge boost gauge next weekend lads, what size of scotch locks will I need to make the connection?:confused:
 
If I was looking at a car to buy and found someone had used scotch blocks for the electrics, it would worry me. If they were any good manufacturers would use them wouldn't they? But they aren't, so they don't. Crude butcherious rubbish.
 
hehe... sounds like someone's been reading my boost gauge guide ;)

In my defense i really, REALLY couldn't be arsed to cut and solder the wires (on this occasion anyway) - and for an LED that draws less than 50mA i hardly saw the point either. Works fine, and NEVER had a problem.

Everything else has been done properly though - no more scotch-locks for me! :)
 
Ok scotch locks are a no no, (all ur fault Pabs!!!, good thread however), now where is my soldering iron gone?
 
and whilst rewiring stuff onto my car lately I find a SCOTCHLOK!!!! Oh my god.
wired into my cruise control.... so done by Amethyst Dealer!

why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

still, could be worse, could be twisted wires covered by insulation tape... like a well know tuner I know of! :whistle: :hide: