Scratched electric window... Warranty?

Sep 9, 2022
Hi all.

Just a bit of advice really. I've had my 300 R ST for a few months now and absolutely love it. Since I've had it, though (bought 2nd hand 1 owner, under Seat manufacturers warranty until November), it's had a few nasty scratches on the front driver's side window. They're quite deep and unsightly and beginning to annoy me a bit.

I'm just wondering of anyone else has had something like this fixed under warranty? It looks as though guides/rollers (whatever) have scratched the window at some point.

I've seen online that certain Jaguar models had this as a known fault and many repairs were carried out under warranty - I even found the bulletin about that online.

Guessing a replacement window won't be cheap so if anyone is aware of anyone getting this resolved under warranty I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks all!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Presumably the scratches are on the outside of the window? If so, I’d expect the dealer and Seat themselves to take the view that the scratches have been caused by an ‘external influence’ such as dirt / grit that has become lodged between the glass and the window rubber / felt strip at the base of the window. If so, then IMHO they’re unlikely to replace the window glass under warranty.

No harm in trying to get it sorted under warranty though. 🤞

Reactions: bryanvr6
Sep 9, 2022
Presumably the scratches are on the outside of the window? If so, I’d expect the dealer and Seat themselves to take the view that the scratches have been caused by an ‘external influence’ such as dirt / grit that has become lodged between the glass and the window rubber / felt strip at the base of the window. If so, then IMHO they’re unlikely to replace the window glass under warranty.

No harm in trying to get it sorted under warranty though. 🤞
Strangely, no. The scratches are actually on the inside of the glass 🤔

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Strangely, no. The scratches are actually on the inside of the glass 🤔
Someone with a ring on wiping condensation off with the back of their hand [in other words an idiot]

I have had these tell tale scratches on a couple of cars

Reactions: SuperV8
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.