Scratches be gone and a lot cheaper than a PC too.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
This week I have mostly been buying a silverline car polisher and bought some g3 and buffing sponges.
I did a searchy here and on detailing world and decided to give it a go carefully at first.
The silverline has 6 speed settings and a lot in between, it has a soft start and still only cost 35 quid! the potions and lotions that i bought for it actually cost nearly as much as the unit itself.
anyway, using g3, lots of water and a slowish speed i turned this set of ugly neighbours cats skidmarks from this
PICT5367Small.jpg

to this, apologies on the pic it was taken today (polished and cut the scratches out yesterday but lost daylight in the process)
PICT5373Small.jpg

Ive got to say, this polisher seems to be a bit of a laguna intercooler (if you get my drift), seems to be a lot cheaper than the pc, needs less bits and pieces to get it to work and works fine.
Anyone else have one?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
ill do more on sunday, daylight was against me, swirl marks are down to a minimum now, swirl marks are actually straight scores in all directions so a rotary doesnt cause swirlies, ive got to get a decent polish/wax yet that gives me the wet look though. ive tried zymol cleaner wax and meguiars stage3 so far, im thinking of trying the poorboys stuff next maybe.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
This is the fella here, goto the silverline website and type in polish and you will get the full list of whats available, the rotary comes with a velcro backing so you dont even have to use the silverline buffs, autoglym etc will fit though they are 6 inch where this is 7 inch.
868663.jpg

Clicky here to see it 1/3 the way down
Then clicky here for a shop near you.

note that you really do have to be careful with power tools on paintwork.

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
yea jase, if you already have one i wouldnt bother unless its not doing a very good job, I saw first hand through cutting those scratches out how effectively it can go through paint, Im happy to report I didnt fook it up either, slowly is the word!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members