Screen wash capacity, leaks and foibles

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Topped up the screen washer bottle before winter...

Had a service done recently (less than 250 miles ago) so, no need to check the level under the big cat-flap at the front of the car. Thought I. 🙈

3 mins into what turned out to be a 3 hour commute to Lymington (50 mins to an hour on a good day) dribble out of the screen wash.

Either it wasn't filled 😒

OR

it was and it leaked out of 😳

OR

It was 'topped up' but an airlock occurs when filling (not helped by the mesh filter at the neck) and is stained green so looks full when it isnt.

Anyone seen similar?

What's the tank capacity?

Any thoughts much appreciated as always 👍

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Last time I thought my washer bottle was empty it was actually blocked up.

I don't want their blue water if it's going to congeal in the nozzles.

Leaks should be easy to spot after you leave a car overnight on a drive or road.

I think it's approx 5 litre washer reservoir.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Thanks Karbon,

Mine went to a dribble at the front and then rear followed suit.

I put Put 2 litres of Halfrauds finest green -20 50/50 mixed with filtered water in now, see what happens next. 🙊

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Umm I hate to say this after the fact, but if you've used the green halfrauds (lol) concentrate that comes in a grey bottle... I found that stuff was so bad I flushed it out of my car soon after I saw the chemicals separating on the windscreen and forming a green puddle on the road. I gave it away to a relative who also threw it away after a few days use.

The red super concentrate they sell is a different story - that was okay for the money.

Nowadays I pay up for Angelwax CLARITY Concentrated Screen Wash, making a little go a long way.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.