Seat alambra LPG mlights gone off

farra

I have a seat alhambra which is duel fuel... ive had vehicle for 2 weeks. LPg has been working great, this morning i filled up with LPG.. all the lights came up saying it was full. the lights were on for 10 seconds then went off, so car will only run on petrol now, any ideas... When i turn engine off and switch the ignition back on, the lights come on, but as soon as engine is running for 5 seconds the lights go off. I can hear a clicking sound when the lights go out. this mite be just the LGP switching to petrol. any ideas on how to fix myself.
thanks

farra

seat alhambra

On my LPG switch on dashboard i leave it on LPG setting and usually it after about 3mins of running on petrol it switches to LPG by itself.
but with them lights going off its just running off petrol. Someone said it might be a corroded fuse on the ignition side of the engine. any idea's where i mite find this fuse. Looked at engine and cant see any fuse's.

My system operates the same way, once its warm enough it switches over to LPG :) as to where the fuses are :shrug: they could be any where? depending on where the installer stuck them :shrug: and they are a law to themselves [B)] I would say return it to the installer and let them sort it! that way you know it's all ok and wont cause you any major problem later on :think:

john@walker372.

Funnily enough, i'm about to convert my Alhambra to LPG myself. Bough a kit of the net. I have already done an Audi 80 & it runs fine.

On the Audi, i had a similar problem - in that it wasn't too happy running on gas at one point. It turned out that the pipe line from the vapouriser into the carb had cracked.

Try checking all the lines from the tank to the engine, and all the wiring connectors.

Have you tried posting a question on the LPG forum?

farra

Checked all wires, found one wire that had slid out of the spade earth connection, connected it back up and all lights have come back on. got another problem now though, when its running on LPG it looses its power.. so have to switch to petrol. if im going 50mph and switch over to LPG it runs for a little bit but then goes to conk out again, similar to when it runs out of LPG..

john@walker372.

Have you changed you gas supplier.....it may be a bad batch of gas.

Check all the gas lines (are they cracked or broke at the joints)

Is you vapouriser getting warm from the coolant - no coolant leaks

farra

seat alhambra

The vaporiser gets very hot...cant see any leaks... been told by a garage it mite need spark plugs... going to buy some and see how it goes.. will let use know asap.

farra

seat alhambra

It runs fine on petrol. once seat switches to LPG while idelling it seems to misfire a little tiny bit.. doesnt run smoothly, if i rev the car a bit and leave my foot on accelerator at low revs it runs but you can tell its missfiring a little, but if i give it higher revs and hold it there it starts to missfire badly then conk out.... got spark plugs today £36.00 bloke said they will be ok for 60,000 miles, platinum spark plugs. just got to put them in. It has a full tank of gas and half a tank of petrol... so its not running out of gas.... its the BRC multi-point LPG system which is around 3 years old a garage told me, they said they dont fix BRC, they said its a bit out of date and they can update it for £900... is it worth just getting it updated. he said it will run a lot better and I will get more miles to the gallon. was getting 200miles to £21 before it went funny.

farra

Changed the spark plugs, its still the same.. drove around the block switched to LPG drove for about 3sec then started to stall. its as if theres not enough gas getting through... ive just noticed a wet patch on the floor were my car was, its water. could this be the culprit. also is there any BRC places in merseyside. cheers

farra

if you look down the page you will see the link
Winter: Frozen LPG-vaporisers and injector banks? very good info

farra

Its been a bit warmer today and its still the same.. going to take it to A1 autogas.. to get it checked out. will let you know how i get on.

farra

Got my problem fixed... The garage did a diagnostic test and found there were fuse's in the wrong place. theres a black plastic block under the bonnet by the front of the engine, were jumper fuses go. its only supposed to have 1 fuse, but the bloke i bought the car of must have put fuse's in there, So the ECU was getting 2 signals. it was getting to much gas, then not enough and kept on doing this. So he removed the fuse's and remapped the system. it works fine now.

farra

yes only £45 to fix.. ive still got the car and its running sound.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members