Seat Ateca Speakers volume low?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Hi, had my new Ateca Xperience Lux for a month now and love the car, especially the heated windscreen which has been a lifesaver with the weather the past few days in Scotland. However, there is one thing that bothers me and it is the sound system. There was no option to upgrade the sound system on ordering the car and compared to my old MK3 leon which had standard speakers the audio just seems quiet for my liking when on full volume.

On my leon apple carplay lowered the volume but on BT audio you could increase the volume to loud which I have done on the new ateca but it makes no difference. I've tried the audio on the 'low' BT audio setting all the way to 'loud' and i honestly can't hear much difference.

Does anyone else have a similar feeling or have any advice on how to move forward?

(Could be well down to the move to a bigger cabin which is why the volume doesn't seem as loud to my old leon)

daviescotland

Mar 18, 2019
Hi
Unlike me, I’ve not got the heated screen (facelift Ateca Cupra) and it’s something I’m missing coming from a mk7.5 golf that had it (also stay in Scotland) .
This is the first car I’ve used with CarPlay as the golf required the phone to be connect by usb and the Ateca is wireless. I’ve noticed on CarPlay the volume is low compared to radio etc but on BT I have noticed a difference when changing the Bluetooth level, I think I’m on medium now and find that similar when changing from radio to BT etc.
My other issues are
1 not being able to transfer radio logs from a USB stick
2 poor sound quality from speakers, it’s not the worst but not great either.
Are you having these issues?

Reactions: iScoTT29

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Hi
Unlike me, I’ve not got the heated screen (facelift Ateca Cupra) and it’s something I’m missing coming from a mk7.5 golf that had it (also stay in Scotland) .
This is the first car I’ve used with CarPlay as the golf required the phone to be connect by usb and the Ateca is wireless. I’ve noticed on CarPlay the volume is low compared to radio etc but on BT I have noticed a difference when changing the Bluetooth level, I think I’m on medium now and find that similar when changing from radio to BT etc.
My other issues are
1 not being able to transfer radio logs from a USB stick
2 poor sound quality from speakers, it’s not the worst but not great either.
Are you having these issues?
Hi, I can’t believe the Cupra Ateca doesn’t come with the heated windscreen, seat/cupra have made a mistake with not allowing optional extras to be added to the cars.

I’ve tested between ‘low,medium,loud’ and honestly there isn’t much difference at all. I’m finding when the volume bar is at half way that is the loudest the volume goes, putting it up from half way to full and there is absolute no difference which is a right pain.

I haven’t tried transferring any radio logos from a usb,to be honest I don’t listen to the radio?

yeah the sound quality is not great and the equaliser isn’t the best either, not much bass and I’ve had a mess about with it 5/6 different times now and just settled on what I’ve got now.

daviescotland

Mar 18, 2019
It’s strange it’s not included, one of the things they might address at some point maybe. The spec of a Ateca isn’t too bad but could definitely be better.

To be fair I’ve not spent a lot of time sorting the EQ out but it’s on the list and I’ll see how good I can actually get it.

Tell

Staff member
The sub woofer system they have withheld from the new Atecas. From memory withheld from all standard Seats in the UK for sometime (Seat Plus got replaced by Beats sound but the sub woofer variant didn't make it to the UK spec) but available on the Cupras. They now use the outboard amplifier in the Mib3 digitally connected which was how it was done on VW cars in that variant. Not going to get the pounding base without the sub woofer.

Pass on BT settings but know you got those gain controls as mentioned above. Use BT on rental cars abroad only.... have my music on SD cards ?.

Logos. That will only be fixed by a firmware update at some future point.

Reactions: iScoTT29
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members