SEAT Aura Power On Problem - Outside car

Jul 4, 2021
Hi,
I got an old SEAT AURA (Cassette) radio, that seems to work apart from the fact that it does NOT power ON when hooked up outside the car.

I guess the uP is not happy with some missing external signal - really annoying when you want to fix something!

In the (Power plug SECTION 3) I have only connected (8 GROUND KL 31) (7 PLUS KL 30) and (5 SWITCHED PLUS) - do I need to connect more signals in order to power up the radio outside the car.

Another question: When the radio is in the car and I want to use the CD Audio Input as an AUX input I cannot get the radio to select the CD as input because it looks for the CD CHANGER and since not connected is does not allow me to select CD input - the logic is quite clear - but is there a way to solve this problem - ie. selecting CD input without a connected CD CHANGER.

Cheers
zEnterHacker

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
In a short summary I'd suggest throwing that Aura headunit in the bin, they're absolutely crap!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: zEnterHacker

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
What a useful and mature comment - I hope U got the irony.
Thai is right, they are horrible things. 99% of people have binned them and replaced it with something more modern, partly because they won't accept any CD/AUX input apart from the OEM changer.

Reactions: Rich.T
Jul 4, 2021
OK but if I would NOT like to scrap the original thing could someone try to answer my two questions instead of creating a debate about the quality of the Grundig AURA headunit.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Can I ask the reasoning behind powering up the unit out of the car?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Jul 4, 2021
Simply to be able to measure and apply signals and fix the EEPROM Error 3 with-out being squeezed into a hot car.
Also I'm working on a spare radio while the car is in (heavy) use by my daugher.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.