seat badge

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
On the FL Cupra its just two small black nail heads caps at the top by the bonnet catch..

Just get a flat headed screwdriver and lift up gentle..

Should just lift out then..

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Haha not quite, just lifting out is an under statement :)
Yes, two clips on the top but the rest of the grill is also clipped in, taking it out is a pain in the a*s to be honest, take your time, give gentle but firm tugs and make sure you dont snap any of the clips behind. I would recommend having a look behind there to see whats what first :)

Danny.

MrTA

sorry to dredge this one up again, but I've just had the same problem.
The badge pushed through and disappeared into to a gap between the radiator and the bumper, there doesn't seem to be a way in (or out, luckily for me as I had to drive home). I work near a garage and asked for any pointers as to how I might get it out. I was told the front bumper might have to come off. which to me seems a little extreme.

So, Mossy72, if you're still around, I could do with some help retrieving my S badge. how did you manage to get yours and what clips should I be looking for if indeed you did manage to get it out through the front grill.... (does the S badge clip in, or should it be sealed in place with anything?).

I don't think I'll try anything just yet as plastic is quite brittle in cold and I don't want to snap anything off and make this issue worse.

Any help or useful pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

CupraNoobie

Must be the weather for it. When I noticed mine missing at the weekend I thought some little scrote had pinched it so I was quite relieved to see it glinting at me from behind the grille. Getting it fixed is definitely on a back burner in this weather.

FR_Flavoured

sorry to dredge this one up again, but I've just had the same problem.
I was told the front bumper might have to come off. which to me seems a little extreme.

So, Mossy72, if you're still around, I could do with some help retrieving my S badge. how did you manage to get yours and what clips should I be looking for if indeed you did manage to get it out through the front grill.... (does the S badge clip in, or should it be sealed in place with anything?).

I don't think I'll try anything just yet as plastic is quite brittle in cold and I don't want to snap anything off and make this issue worse.

Any help or useful pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Shocking for a garage to tell you your whole bumper might need to come off, just to remove the centre Grille above (talk about back street!)! :blink:

As above, there's 2 plastic "screws" on the top, you see when you lift the bonnet.
Then, use a blunt object, and slide in around the sides of the Grille, to free the clips that hold the Grille around the bumper etc.

It needs to be thin but strong, to slide between the gap between Grille/Bumper.
Then you should find the Grille will pull out with a bit of a tug.
(theres a handful of clips around the Grille, so if you snap one, its no big problem, as it will still hold secure, when you fit it back in).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.