Seat dealers installing Revo

ian cupra r

While on Facebook I came across Revo site and they had the K1 they modified which caught my eye - Alone lines of ECU upgrade - fuel pump, suspension etc

They went on to say that Seat dealers can install this at a price?

Does anyone know what Seat dealers do this as I may be tempted to buy a K1 (2nd Hand) and get this installed - Though if done by Seat would it void my warranty

Answers please - many thanks

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
M1 Auto's in London are a Seat dealer and a Revo dealer. But I cannnot say hand on heart I would recomend them.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
You can't get a remap in the UK that Seat UK will honor the warranty on, if something related fails. Warranty for unrelated parts will be fine.

I can only assume the Seat dealers that offer Revo don't let Seat UK know if/when the time comes that they make the warranty claim, that the car in question has been remapped. All a bit dodgy, imho.

CovCupra

Nov 10, 2009
Midlands
In not some many words, I had this offered 3 years ago when I bought my Ibiza cupra from Barlow motors, and unless they've sold it, they did had a white K1 that has been remapped for sale. My local dealer has also said they don't mind a sensibly remapped car (eg, stage 1), and just won't tell Seat uk that its been done if it develops any issues. But theres nothing in writing, so no peace of mind.:blink:

cupra-k1

I would say m1 too and again re iterate the fact this may not be reliable but think about it this way, at least warantee will be intact.

IF you are local to there i could fit your pump etc too :)

ian cupra r

Is the package Revo offered around £3k and has anyone had it installed yet?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
You can't get a remap in the UK that Seat UK will honor the warranty on, if something related fails. Warranty for unrelated parts will be fine.

I can only assume the Seat dealers that offer Revo don't let Seat UK know if/when the time comes that they make the warranty claim, that the car in question has been remapped. All a bit dodgy, imho.

SEAT Ireland (Southern Ireland) offer a remap on their website, so it must be something to do with the importer. still dont understand how it can be covered under warranty tho, as the warranty terms and conditions are laid out by the factory :confused:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Very true - you can get them in a few European countries but I guess it's up to each countries Seat importer (which in our case is Seat UK) to decide if they want to warrant modifications.

Seat UK have taken the easy route, but I've never understood why they don't go down the route of Ford, Vauxhall, BMW etc. and offer their own (price inflated) warranty approved mods - surely the margins would make it worthwhile?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Biggest issue I see is where do you draw the line?
A remap will theoretically affect the ECU, every sensor in the engine, fuel injection system, catalytic convertor etc etc etc - SEAT can (and do) withdraw the warranty on every mod-affected part so its a pretty big responsibility on the tuner to take all that on.
Further, if there is a fault, how do you ever prove who is to blame? SEAT will walk away because it is modified end of story. Tuner will probably say 'of course its SEAT warranty, its a common fault on those models'
Sorry to sound so negative but I have been involved in arguments like this . . . . . .

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
Generally all work carried out by a garage etc is covered by a gaurantee , so in the case of SEAT carrying out a REVO remap would the customer have to agree to opt out of a warranty claim if tuning is found to be the cause ? :confused:

fATCH

Mar 20, 2010
Telford, Shropshire
I got my 59 plate cupra about 2 weeks ago from barlows in wolverhampton, and the guy that sold it to me said that they (the garage) could/would revo it up to 310 BHP without it affecting the warante. I havent taken them up on the offer because i think 240bhp is enough at the moment. But if i was to get it done i would ask for something in writing saying that nothing is void.

ian cupra r

Who offers this? do you have a break down of the parts? im sure it could be done cheaper...

I read this from Revo on Facebook - think it is suspension upgrade - hig pressure fuel pump - intercoolers upgrade but done quote me fully on this think I read 360bhp after remap and changes???? but dont quote me on this

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members