SEAT Dominate at Snetterton

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT Sport UK rounded off a fantastic Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship race day at Snetterton to finish the third and final race in 2nd and 6th places – after a reverse grid saw James Thompson start in 8th and Jason Plato in 9th.James had a fantastic start to move up to 7th on the run to the first corner, and within three laps he'd climbed to 3rd, while Jason was up to 5th.

Link To Original Article

good results for SEAT

Is it just me?? or is touring car racing getting a bit scrappy???

there seems to be a lot of personal bitching between certain drivers (SEAT AND HONDA) and some seemingly dirty driving on the track>

Perhaps the course clerk should opt for the same rules as Aussie V8 Supercars. Rubbing is racing, but blatant f*cking about will result in a black flag and drivethrough, or reduction in championship points.

Stu

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'd like to see any incident where two cars collide and it's not 'rubbing' that they make a snap & irreversible decision to drive thru penalty.

that way we get lots of rubbing, and nobody aiming for the seat's sticky out rear wheels.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
m0rk said:
that way we get lots of rubbing, and nobody aiming for the seat's sticky out rear wheels.
seems the astras had sticky out wheels today too, christ how he managed to hold that astra straightish and get 4th inc a spin i'll never know, hat of to the fella.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
absolutely LOVED it today - edge of the sofa throughout all 3 races.

Matt Neil - what a plonker - i don't think plato was out of line at all, couldnt really do much IMO. Same as Fiona Leggate and the Gavin Smith incident. Hats off to him tho - he kept the car going for a further 2 laps wobbling all over the place!

Well done SEAT - and bring on more wins like this!

Madmile said:
Best racing on telly bar none. Enjoyed every min off it. We need Seat to finish with a flurry of wins.

Start watching the V8 supercars.
600bhp Ford falcon vs Holden Commodore.
Aussie style barbaric wheel to wheel racing. Culminating with the Bathurst 1000.

BTCC is good, been following it for nearly 20 years. But not a patch on the V8's [B)]

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Matt Neil had 2nd place in the bag so he should have backed off(team should have told him that)

IMO Plato was not at fault and after seeing tv replays I think Neil will be made to eat his words :doh:

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
F2 Stu said:
I thought Plato was a touch overzealous in his defending in the essess:no:

Good result for SEAT tho..
i was on the esses and there was nothin plato could do apart from push him abit:whistle: ,,,,,,same thing we all would of done when you think about it.
great driving by Thompson my new hero me thinks,lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.