SEAT/Cupra K1 PR Event | 23rd October

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
As you probably all know by now SEAT/CUPRA is holding an event to officially launch the build numbers of the K1's. This will be run by SEAT and PistonHeads as they have a huge following of members. We expect around 300 people to attend this event so it should be a really good day, especially for the owners. The event will be a very relaxed affair a bit like the Letchworth meets.

Please note that there is no charge whatsoever for the stickers/certificate or the event. SEAT/CUPRA have gone out of their way to make this happen so all I ask is we make this as big as it possibly can be.

We would however like to do a collection beforehand to get SEAT/CUPRA some beers/fizz for their hard work. I am happy to cover the whole amount but any donations to the cause would be well received.

Donations can be taken by either myself or @ash_89 and any donation will be recorded with the amount.

The event will be located at VW HQ UK and will kick off at 9 am. We would like all K1's to turn up to the event at the same time so can we meet around 8/8:30am at ASDA Milton Keynes MK1 1QB. It has a huge car park and should be pretty dead at that time of the morning. We do encourage you to go into little groups to convoy up to ASDA depending on your location/distance.

What will the day consist of?
The event will start at 9 am and conclude around 12noon. SEAT will be conducting a speech about why the K1's were born and the build numbers coming to fruition. At this point, SEAT will hand out your build stickers/certs so you can install them at the event. PistonHeads and the SEAT/CUPRA marketing will be taking photos of you guys installing your build number stickers.

We are looking into getting a photographer/drone pilot to attend the meet to take photos of the day/cars etc. We are not 100% sure on this just yet but further details will be released in due course.

Furthermore, SEAT/CUPRA are bringing a batch of freshly made K1 badges. I am not exactly sure about the prices or they may even be free so make sure you grab one. I believe they will also be available in a small batch to get from them directly at the parts department. They will not be giving them out unless you can prove you own a K1.
After this, it will be pretty chill where you can talk to SEAT/CUPRA and take the opportunity to look at their heritage collection.
There will be free hot drinks as well as a catering van for food - you will have to pay for any food from the catering van.

Apart from K1 owners, who will be attending?
PistonHeads will be bringing the bulk of the footfall and people from SEAT/CUPRA will also be there. We estimate around 50 K1 members and +1's as well.

Will Jason Plato be coming?
I'm afraid he will not be attending this event as he is no longer aligned with the SEAT/CUPRA brand. He also has contracts with other brands which stop him from attending competitor events. This is a shame but not the end of the world.

How do I register to attend?
You will need to register/setup an account through PistonHeads to attend this event. https://www.pistonheads.com/me/new

Add yourself to the event - https://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/bookmark.asp?id=138616
Event Link - https://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/event.asp?i=138616

Please make sure you mark yourself down as a K1 owner with your build number so SEAT/CUPRA will bring your pack. If you are a K1 owner and can't attend with your car, you can still attend the event and receive your pack.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 19.24.36.png

What if I can't attend, will I get my badge/cert?
In short, yes! SEAT/CUPRA will be releasing how to claim badges/certs at the event if you are not there. This will be documented by us, PistonHeads and SEAT/CUPRA on their website. The consensus is you will call up a certain parts department, give your VIN/proof of ownership and they will release the certs/stickers free of charge to you. All this information will be posted in the K1 WhatsApp and Facebook group after the event.

What will happen after the event?
The event is scheduled to end around 12noon but we are looking to go to a local location to take more photos and then potentially onto a pub/beer garden. If this is something you would like to do then please feel free to tag along.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank @ash_89 for all of his effort with the original badges and for spending countless hours maintaining the build list (https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/cupra-k1-official-build-list.469278/). If you attend the event please make sure you spare 5 minutes to go over and thank him.

If you ain't already, please message either me or @ash_89 to join the event's WhatsApp group.

We look forward to seeing you all on the 23rd!

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
As you probably all know by now SEAT/CUPRA is holding an event to officially launch the build numbers of the K1's. This will be run by SEAT and PistonHeads as they have a huge following of members. We expect around 300 people to attend this event so it should be a really good day, especially for the owners. The event will be a very relaxed affair a bit like the Letchworth meets.

Please note that there is no charge whatsoever for the stickers/certificate or the event. SEAT/CUPRA have gone out of their way to make this happen so all I ask is we make this as big as it possibly can be.

We would however like to do a collection beforehand to get SEAT/CUPRA some beers/fizz for their hard work. I am happy to cover the whole amount but any donations to the cause would be well received.

Donations can be taken by either myself or @ash_89 and any donation will be recorded with the amount.

The event will be located at VW HQ UK and will kick off at 9 am. We would like all K1's to turn up to the event at the same time so can we meet around 8/8:30am at ASDA Milton Keynes MK1 1QB. It has a huge car park and should be pretty dead at that time of the morning. We do encourage you to go into little groups to convoy up to ASDA depending on your location/distance.

What will the day consist of?
The event will start at 9 am and conclude around 12noon. SEAT will be conducting a speech about why the K1's were born and the build numbers coming to fruition. At this point, SEAT will hand out your build stickers/certs so you can install them at the event. PistonHeads and the SEAT/CUPRA marketing will be taking photos of you guys installing your build number stickers.

We are looking into getting a photographer/drone pilot to attend the meet to take photos of the day/cars etc. We are not 100% sure on this just yet but further details will be released in due course.

Furthermore, SEAT/CUPRA are bringing a batch of freshly made K1 badges. I am not exactly sure about the prices or they may even be free so make sure you grab one. I believe they will also be available in a small batch to get from them directly at the parts department. They will not be giving them out unless you can prove you own a K1.
After this, it will be pretty chill where you can talk to SEAT/CUPRA and take the opportunity to look at their heritage collection.
There will be free hot drinks as well as a catering van for food - you will have to pay for any food from the catering van.

Apart from K1 owners, who will be attending?
PistonHeads will be bringing the bulk of the footfall and people from SEAT/CUPRA will also be there. We estimate around 50 K1 members and +1's as well.

Will Jason Plato be coming?
I'm afraid he will not be attending this event as he is no longer aligned with the SEAT/CUPRA brand. He also has contracts with other brands which stop him from attending competitor events. This is a shame but not the end of the world.

How do I register to attend?
You will need to register through PistonHeads (Awaiting URL) to attend this event. Please make sure you mark yourself down as a K1 owner so SEAT/CUPRA will bring your pack. If you are a K1 owner and can't attend with your car, you can still attend the event and receive your pack.

What if I can't attend, will I get my badge/cert?
In short, yes! SEAT/CUPRA will be releasing how to claim badges/certs at the event if you are not there. This will be documented by us, PistonHeads and SEAT/CUPRA on their website. The consensus is you will call up a certain parts department, give your VIN/proof of ownership and they will release the certs/stickers free of charge to you. All this information will be posted in the K1 WhatsApp and Facebook group after the event.

What will happen after the event?
The event is scheduled to end around 12noon but we are looking to go to a local location to take more photos and then potentially onto a pub/beer garden. If this is something you would like to do then please feel free to tag along.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank @ash_89 for all of his effort with the original badges and for spending countless hours maintaining the build list (https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/cupra-k1-official-build-list.469278/). If you attend the event please make sure you spare 5 minutes to go over and thank him.

If you ain't already, please message either me or @ash_89 to join the event's WhatsApp group.

We look forward to seeing you all on the 23rd!
This will be epic I’d love to be apart of this K1 historical event. Unfortunately not a k1 owner yet. But hope you all enjoy yourself and the photos of the cars would be awesome.

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
This will be epic I’d love to be apart of this K1 historical event. Unfortunately not a k1 owner yet. But hope you all enjoy yourself and the photos of the cars would be awesome.
Hi mate,

You don't have to be a K1 owner to be part of this event. You can register to go once the URL is live from PistonHeads if you wanted to go :)

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Thought the thread on here would be bigger than this!

I'm popping a long even though no longer have a SEAT/Cupra.. I actually no longer "own" a car at the moment even though I paid for the missus Volvo!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I’m gonna head down to this in my mk1 Cupra R.
Signed up on pistonheads and added myself to the list.
I’m suprised there’s not been more of an uptake from people on here as Andrew says.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.