Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI 2002 - problem with ignition

Jun 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with ignition of my car, i have noticed that when the light (that u see below) turns off before igniting, the car will start, but when this light keeps blinking the car wont start. Do you know what this could be connected with? I have noticed that this issue occurs more in case of higher temperatures, especially if the car is on the sun.

lGGaKCi.jpg

Thank you for your help in advance!
Kris

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Have you changed the casing on your key fob by any chance? That’s related to the transponder in your key fob for the car Immobiliser. Need more info really on what you’ve done or had done to the car before this started that’ll help.

Jun 23, 2020
Hi 300bphdaily,
I just realized how bad my english is reading this heheh :D By key fob i suppose you mean the set of keys for the car? So i have 2 set of keys (one has the button on it for remote locking/unflocking) and another one (just the key) doesnt. None of them work if i change them up. I have not done any changes on it or have ever replaced or fixed the keys.
This issue started appearing about a year ago but it is now happening more often, especially with hotter weather, if the car is on the sun there is a good chance it wont start. When this light is blinking and I try to turn the car on, the engine would start for a second and turn off right after. If i start it again, the engine wouldnt start and would just keep.. trying to start.. keep spinning or how to say, until i wait for some time again. So i need to just keep checking back every 10 minutes until this light would go off, then i can start the car again. Does this give you any more info?
Thank you

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise