Seat Ibiza 1.4 2007 high fluctuating rpm

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,

I came and signed up to the forum because I need a bit of help or information regarding my Seat Ibiza 1.4 dab 2007.

Recently I’ve been noticing when I try to accelerate or put my foot down the rpms jump and rev up high but the car itself doesn’t respond until I let off the accelerator slightly for the car to start pulling. I then have to build up the speed slowly and gently, getting up any steep hill is a farce and sometimes when I’m putting out onto main road, I see a gap I would usually go for and be able to make now the car takes off slow doesn’t matter how much I put the accelerator down just revs and doesn’t seem to grab.

so I’m stuck, I was thinking maybe the transmission since it transfers the force to the wheels maybe the gears are slipping but gear changes are easy, no grinding no unwanted noises, maybe the clutch, tried to google symptoms but the list is extensive, from TPS sensors, MAF/MAP sensors, spark plugs, coils, fuel filter blocked, cat blocked.

any information or advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
You need a new clutch by the sounds of it.
And before you ask how much this will roughly cost expect to pay around £500/600 inc vat and labour.

Reactions: MATTYLIVERS93
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.