SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.8T Big turbo

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
In England the only option seems to be peloquin :( quaife don't make an exact fit differential for our box I have been told and wavetrack are a rare option here also
. Peloquin will be what I go for. I do like a good 1/4 mile blast but all the roads where I live are very windy and fun to drive so naturally my car has gone down the fast road/track sort of build.
For that extra grunt top end I may go for a K04 or a gt2868 or a 71 Keeping that low down boost too for corner exits :p but that will be next year when I've saved a few pennies :clap:

Last edited:

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
nice one! I have seen a k04 Ibiza we just finished here recently and she does really well, very oem feel but feels so strong!

My friend has a nicely built gt3071R 1.8T as well and it goes like a dream, if i were you i would decide between gt30 or k04, i do know guys overseas love going gt28 on the 1.8T though.

Need to do some research around the diff but my tuner has a wavetrac and swears by it...will see.

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
There is a unitronic ibiza on here brwmagozos or something like that and he runs a gt28. You may know him he's from Greece if I remember right. My friend has an ep3 civic type r with a gt2871rs and it makes 308bhp at 5psi haha
Before I take the plunge I will be very sure as to what I buy turbo wise but that is a good way off :lol:
I have heard nothing but good reviews about wavetrack it's just not something that's widely available here :/ I may have to have a look for one when I go to America later in the year :p

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
holy crap thats strong! Yeah those Cupraman tuned ibizas are insane!

ok cool, i also only heard good things about it bro!

making a decision about a turbo is the hardest thing i did on this build. lol. good luck! Research is key!

jasecx

Jun 9, 2012
Perth
Wow, some amount of work you've put into this!

Really like the progress you've made mate - you must be chuffed with the results:D

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
Thanks man! I am over the moon since yesterday i decided to go dyno again at the place we all use as the bencmark.

First time i dyno'd with new setup 373whp with 400km on the motor
2nd time round with 750km on the motor 393whp
yesterday i went by and used some octane booster and opened up 0.1bar more boost and got 417whp :funk:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise