SEAT Ibiza Cupra Concept MY2012

Ipswich Seat

Cracking car just wish they had kept the Copa model as that was fantastic vmf :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Spy Shots

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112073046785/2013-seat-ibiza-cupra-spied-undisguised

623432079973776730.jpg

Carlos2174

Just painted he front grille of my facelifted FR to look more like this concept. Looks exactly like it, only lacking the traditional SEAT holes.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wouldn't be surprised if it's not on the Paris Motorshow stand on Friday..... We're there Saturday so no doubt we'll have some whited out photo's from the over bright lamps!

Having seen a few facelifted FR's they do look a little fresher now I'm used to them.... But it's not as funky looking as some of the sub 200bhp alternates any more

fanle

Imo this should really come with some kind of discrete spoiler, just looks too much like a normal ibiza from the side.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Then they wouldn't be able to sell you a spoiler for £100!
It's a shame, very few models in the current range come with a spoiler.
Quite a contrast to years ago when all the Ibizas had a spoiler and then the Cupra's had a bigger spoiler.

fanle

Ofc gotta improve those profit margins, I agree real shame as it would set the cupra well apart so much more.

Talking of prices I see bluetooth, usb and climate control aren't even standard any more on the FR model, I was convinced they where came with my boca as standard last year. There goes another £700 I guess.

fanle

Suppose it's the thing to do these days scrape everything but the engine and seats out and charge extra for the steering wheel.
Mad I've already bumbed into someone from just down the road already lol.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
There may be some more legs in an Ibiza Cupra R being developed as Volkswagen are going to show off a 225BHP Polo R in final production form at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/volkswagen-polo-r-coincide-wrc-effort

IIRC, thats unlikely. The 225 model Polo R has the 2.0 from the Golf, and according to Autocar:
Autocar said:
VW’s rally engineers wanted to produce a road car to help promote the rally car
Doubt SEAT would get a look in. Shame tbh, because having a weapon in SEATs armory to truly take on the competition wouldn't be a bad thing :)

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Probably just wishful thinking on my part :lol:

Although isn't the 2.0 engine from the Golf basically the same 2.0 from the Leon FR?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.