Seat Ibiza FR 1.2 TSI Exhaust

Feb 11, 2023
I own a 2013 seat Ibiza FR 6J 1.2 TSI and was looking for the best option to improve my exhaust sounds without spending £400 on buying a cat back system from scorpion or cobra alone, I have looked at doing a resonator delete then adding a custom back box. I was wondering if anyone else here has had the same dilemma and what their solution was. Cheers

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
I have the same car but just the 14plate facelift model , I’d recommend to take the resonator out and back box delete it’s hardly louder than just a resonator delete it’s not droning or anything and at idle you can’t even hear it unless your behind the car but allows a few natural pops to be audible not bangs but just a few pops and rumbles when at the right RPM I have a car back cobra with a gutted cat and a removable pipe inserted in my back box . Hope this helps

Pecknarm1

Aug 22, 2019
Croydon
I had a res delete & back box delete basically no pipes/straight through and it was too loud for me, made the car sound too asbo. I personally would go res delete with custom back box or back box delete? I had a 2011 1.2 tsi but check some video on YouTube that always helps.

jamieibizaFR

Sep 9, 2022
I had a res delete & back box delete basically no pipes/straight through and it was too loud for me, made the car sound too asbo. I personally would go res delete with custom back box or back box delete? I had a 2011 1.2 tsi but check some video on YouTube that always helps.
Mine doesn’t seem asbo but that might be because the pipe insert I put into my cobra back box is slightly smaller In diameter and it sounds very good I didn’t want anything too loud to where it would drone or sound like a corsa with the exhaust missing lol

Reactions: Pecknarm1

Pecknarm1

Aug 22, 2019
Croydon
Mine doesn’t seem asbo but that might be because the pipe insert I put into my cobra back box is slightly smaller In diameter and it sounds very good I didn’t want anything too loud to where it would drone or sound like a corsa with the exhaust missing lol
To be fair, that sounds like a good setup. Lol Corsa with exhaust missing! I had a full custom 2" cat-back high flow muffler from Powerflow with twin 2.5" tips and it sounded amazing, no drone and reserved under normal load but when you booted it, people would brake their necks to look! Best of both worlds but it did cost me £500.....

slunat

Dec 21, 2017

I agree with this, I’ve got the same on a valve system so can turn it off at least but I never have my valves opened (res and backbox delete) as it sounds terrible to me.

ruida_silva

Feb 6, 2018
On the back of this. Where are you guys getting these deletes from? Are they Polo GTI exhaust sections, custom fabricated or readily available online?

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
On the back of this. Where are you guys getting these deletes from? Are they Polo GTI exhaust sections, custom fabricated or readily available online?

Most people will custom fab one, very cheap to do as it’s just a straight piece of pipe

Reactions: ruida_silva
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.