Seat Ibiza Modifications - Where?!!

Ibiza08

Hi ,

Im new to the forum and I am currently on the look out for a new Seat Ibiza. For insurance reasons I will probably be going for either the 1.4 SE or the 1.4 Sport.

One of the first things I want to do is change the alloys and maybe invest in a new body kit.

I want original SEAT alloys either these

http://www.hyts.hu/autok/seat/ibiza-cupra/seat_ibiza-cupra_e3.jpg

Or these ones on the ibiza fr

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop-460x332/Seat_Ibiza_2006_1_5w.jpg

I was also looking at body kits but alloys come first.:)

Does anyone have any idea where I can buy those alloys ? Either brand new or second hand depending on the price ....

Any help would be great !!! Cheers

P.S - Just to confirm the Ibiza Sport (02) has 100bhp and the Ibiza SE (02) has 75bhp ?

B3NNO

tbh mate i'd start my search on ebay then move on to something like Pistonheads as im sure they advertise wheels as well as cars

i cant help u on the BHP tho as im pretty new to seats too, but quite hot on Toyota Yaris T-Sports lol

T. Spark

Those first alloys are the promo pics for the Ibiza Cupra R which in theory never made it, as they changed the name and dropped the R. Those alloys are ALOT like the Cupra alloys that made it to production. They didnt come in that colour, and were less rounded if that makes sense.

Either or you get if you try and purchase from a dealer will be very expensive, so keep a look out on ebay and on here for cheap alloys mate

Good luck either way and as im sure some diesel head will say, scrap getting the 1.4 petrol's get the diesel!!!

Also yes the sport on the early models were 100bhp, then changed and are now back to 100bhp! As Ive said, dont get the thirsty petrol mate, go for the 1.9 TDi 100bhp, better all rounder!

Ibiza08

I cant afford the 1.9tdi your looking at atleast 4k would be cheaper to go for the petrol and spend some money on the alloys. Just wether or not i can find them lol.

I will have a look at what a dealer charges but i would imagine i would be looking at £500-£600 . Can anyone recommend any good alloys for ibiza ? with pics if you got them :)

Cheers for the advice btw:D

Last edited by a moderator:

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
welcome to scn :D

bodykits don't really suit the ibiza, the best bet is to upgrade ti highter spec bumpers (i.e. cupra/FR) as you;re getting a new one it'll have the fr front bumper just need to change the griles and hey presto, an fr lookiliki!

alloys no bigger than 17" and anything VAG really seems to be popular, pinched off audi's vw's etc, or of course some euro stylee ones like BBS LM's or similar
again, higher spec alloys like fr or cupra ones are popular and look good, it's all about less is more with the ibza if you know what i mean, more grown up minimalistic styling rather than mcdonalds carpark spec fibreglass bodykits etc!

Ibiza08

yeh i basically want it to end up looking like a fr. If all I need is the alloys and a grill set then thats great. Ill carry on searching for some FR alloys just seems that nobody is selling them... unless anyone here is ?

I also need to know where I can find mirror covers. I may either get the same colour as the car or get black or chrome.

Thanks

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
mirror covers you can get from dealers they're not too much, ditto the grilles. FR's have the silvery grey ones and cupra's have gloss black , i've got the latter on mine but both sets look good. about a tenner for the 2 if i remember right!

just keep an eye out on ebay and the accessories for sale section here, they'll pop up eventually, the dealers would rape you for a set so shouldn't go there :lol:

Ibiza08

ye ok i see... Here is a picture of the car that I hope to be getting sorry that its only small

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=677154150

Because of the colour I do not think that it will suite the chrome or aluminium mirror covers however I think it would suit the shiny black ones. Does anyone know the name of that colour ?

Cheers

P.S - Can you show me the cupra alloys ? and you got any idea where I could get them from :S?

T. Spark

The problem you will face is you will have pre-facelift bumpers, so if you get the FR grills for it then it will start looking more like a FR yes. But the picture you have of a FR on the first post is a facelift FR with 17's rather than a pre-facelift FR with 16's

Here is a few pictures of my pre-facelife FR with standard 16' wheels (some pics in black)

8.jpg

11.jpg

31.jpg

09112007078.jpg

09112007079.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.