Seat Ibiza Toca

Tb1991

I've just bought a Toca 1.4, great deal to be fair.

Was wondering though, is the grille the same as the FR? I've already had my diffuser wrapped black and I have FR wheels so thought I'd finish off the FR look.

Sure this has been asked a thousand times but if so where would I find a FR grille badge? Or could anyone help me out with a part number? Or suggestions on what to do if the grille isn't the same?

Cheers.

Tb1991

Cheers pal - I'd already looked on the exact link you've sent me. I'd need to take the grille off to fit it wouldn't I?

Tb1991

Why do people wrap or spray their fronts like BOCA's if they aren't?

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Never sin them do that I had 2 ibiza cupras and didnt see them do it on here lol just when people badge stuff its not makes me think why didnt they just buy the fr first place and on the bocs bet they havent put bocanegra on the rear and on the front bumper ? They havent labeled it up somethink its not

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

HubertK

But why you badging it up as an fr if its not ?

I don't know I think it's just stupid and cheap..... :blink:

Thats why I have purchased a FR Steering wheel, FR Alloys, Debadged Grill, Sprayed my alloys (Black Bocanegra Style), gettting my bumper sprayed and also my mirros to make it look like the Bocanegra.

Oh and my ibiza is a standard 2011 1.2tdi ecomotive. :cry:

jWW79F7.jpg

Mx3qjSB.jpg

xKBsuo4.jpg
[/IMG]

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
I don't know I think it's just stupid and cheap..... :blink:

Thats why I have purchased a FR Steering wheel, FR Alloys, Debadged Grill, Sprayed my alloys (Black Bocanegra Style), gettting my bumper sprayed and also my mirros to make it look like the Bocanegra.

Oh and my ibiza is a standard 2011 1.2tdi ecomotive. :cry:

jWW79F7.jpg

Mx3qjSB.jpg

xKBsuo4.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah fair enough but are you going stick fr or bocanegra badges on front and back ? And fair enough buying all this but wouldn't you bin better off buying a fr from the start ? Would come way you wanted wouldnt have buy loads new bits and bobs hold it value longer etc

Im not trying to wind you up just why not buy the fr or bocanegra in first place

Last edited:

HubertK

Yeah fair enough but are you going stick fr or bocanegra badges on front and back ? And fair enough buying all this but wouldn't you bin better off buying a fr from the start ? Would come way you wanted wouldnt have buy loads new bits and bobs hold it value longer etc

Im not trying to wind you up just why not buy the fr or bocanegra in first place

I simply just can't afford a bocanegra at the moment, it's not just the car but also the insurance which is just ridiculous. For someone like me which hasn't even passed their driving test yet and a full time college student, cars like bocanegra are just dreams. The cost of the insurance would be around £3k or more which is just out of my budget.

I am just planning on making my car look as good as it can look and also improve the driving experience by adding stage 1 revo. I am not making a fake FR or Boc but creating a car which in my opinion will look just as good as these cars but will also have a unique look to it

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Make sure you declare the mods too mate, like the wheels if they aren't factory fitted.

I had my leon 1.2tsi at 18 and mapped it, also fitted 17" FR wheels and the insurance only went up £250 for the year.

Now got a 2.0tdi FR on my own policy fully comp at 19 and only £833 :)

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
I simply just can't afford a bocanegra at the moment, it's not just the car but also the insurance which is just ridiculous. For someone like me which hasn't even passed their driving test yet and a full time college student, cars like bocanegra are just dreams. The cost of the insurance would be around £3k or more which is just out of my budget.

I am just planning on making my car look as good as it can look and also improve the driving experience by adding stage 1 revo. I am not making a fake FR or Boc but creating a car which in my opinion will look just as good as these cars.

Yeah I agreee completely there but did you check insurance on my cupra with a ban at 21 it was 450 fully comp its when people that make them put bocanegra all over it like the boot on front bumper when its obvious and doesnt sound like it at all because people would know its a rep in seconds fair enough putting steering wheel on badgeless grill etc but it will be nice to way you like but when you bocanegra on back when its not you lose votes mate

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Nothing wrong with making a replica, but I agree with the badges, give em a miss mate.

Just my opinion though and it's your car so you do what ever makes you happy. :)

HubertK

Yeah I agreee completely there but did you check insurance on my cupra with a ban at 21 it was 450 fully comp its when people that make them put bocanegra all over it like the boot on front bumper when its obvious and doesnt sound like it at all because people would know its a rep in seconds fair enough putting steering wheel on badgeless grill etc but it will be nice to way you like but when you bocanegra on back when its not you lose votes mate

I understand what you are trying to say and I completely agree with you. I don't think I could get away with a 1.2tdi engine and bocanegra badge on the back :think:

I'm just doing everything which I can to make my car look a little bit better and in my opinion there is no point of keeping everything standard. I'm not trying to copy anything just finding things, which in my opinion add a great unique touch to the standard ibiza.

The funny thing is that I don't care if my car will be made out of Bocanegra, Cupra and fr parts as long as it goes well together I'm happy.

bws

Jul 6, 2010
West Yorkshire
I feel sorry for you when you get harassed by other cars having fr badges on and don't have some thump to follow it up, few 1.2 tsi's round here that keep trying it on , as others have said miss the badges other touches are good keep the wheels silver btw

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Oh no not this again. I'm all for doing a few mods to make the car look better but when it comes to actually putting badges on from a higher model I think it's wrong.

People have apps on their phones and they can tell you're telling porkies in about 10 seconds. If you get people pointing and laughing you'll know why.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Why does this even warrant discussing? The OP is free to put whatever badge he wants on his car. Can't understand why that would offend someone on the Internet...

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
Well yeah I guess you could say the fr was a trim level but I still think its got performance to back it up. To begin with, the engines you can get are either top of their class, save the 180 1.4, which is just a mapped up 150, or they are the ones just below. You can't get a a 1.4 or 1.2 tdi fr for example. The fr also comes with an electronic LSD which is definitely a performance feature. But that just my opinion lol.

As for doing an non fr up as one I think it's fine. I had a mk7 fiesta as my last car and did it up like a zetec S despite only being a 1.25. It looked really good because I had the full sS bodkit, lowered etc. but there were only two problems. To begin with, it cost more to buy the standard car and do it up than just buy the Zetec S in the first place, and secondly, it was a lot more show than go lol. But for aesthetics alone I think replicas are fine.:p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise