Seat Ibiza's Wi-Fi won't turn on (2022 version with the newest facelift)

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
- turn on car (running engine)
- let system boot
- insert usb
- press and hold menu button
- start to service menu
- press update
- choose usb
- choose the new version
- you will see a list / overview
- press start
- press start again and then wait.
- system will reboot after a couple of moments (can take a while sometimes)
- it will start updating, just let it run
- when finished you will see overview again
- choose resume

Done

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2112123AG met Tapatalk

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
- turn on car (running engine)
- let system boot
- insert usb
- press and hold menu button
- start to service menu
- press update
- choose usb
- choose the new version
- you will see a list / overview
- press start
- press start again and then wait.
- system will reboot after a couple of moments (can take a while sometimes)
- it will start updating, just let it run
- when finished you will see overview again
- choose resume

Done

Unfortunately the service menu won't open. I hold the button with the 3 slashes and nothing shows up. Button works fine. Is there maybe a different way in my model?

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
Unfortunately the service menu won't open. I hold the button with the 3 slashes and nothing shows up. Button works fine. Is there maybe a different way in my model?
Post a pic of your whole system, showing all the buttons

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal

Attachments

• seat7.png
    seat7.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 40
  • seat8.png
    seat8.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 43

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
Can you try and press and hold the most right button (Car).

Useally it is the menu button. But that doesnt seems to work

I've tried holding every single button for 10-15 seconds and none of them brought up the service menu, I'm afraid. I also cannot find a single YouTube video of this specific radio opening up the service menu, it's always the one without physical buttons. I'm at a loss here. I really wanted to get this sorted.

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
Just want to give a brief update.

I managed to access the service menu by holding the car button as suggested by RCupra. I swear I held every button last time I was in the car to try and figure out which one brought the service menu and none of them worked, but I must have missed this one somehow.

Anyway, service menu opened, I updated the firmware with 1800 and everything is working smoothly as of now. I will test for the following weeks to see if the issues I was having before with Wi-Fi are gone.

Thanks a lot to RCupra for his guidance and I hope this helps people with the same model that are trying to update their car and weren't able to find how since information for these models are pretty scarce online at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCupra

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
Just want to give a brief update.

I managed to access the service menu by holding the car button as suggested by RCupra. I swear I held every button last time I was in the car to try and figure out which one brought the service menu and none of them worked, but I must have missed this one somehow.

Anyway, service menu opened, I updated the firmware with 1800 and everything is working smoothly as of now. I will test for the following weeks to see if the issues I was having before with Wi-Fi are gone.

Thanks a lot to RCupra for his guidance and I hope this helps people with the same model that are trying to update their car and weren't able to find how since information for these models are pretty scarce online at the moment.
keep us updated

Feb 22, 2024
I have the exact same problem as you since i bought the car, got an ibiza fr, was using infotainment 1561 which said there were no updates, went to buy a usb c in hopes i could finally fix this annoyance and updated but it will wont have any wireless, it only works via cable :/

I checked in the "delete all" under the available updates and noticed something saying wlan_app 0mb, not sure if thats related. I just have no wifi at all, bluetooth works fine, seat connect works fine, full link on cable works fine but wireless no.

I dont know if wifi is supposed to show up on the list of wifis on phone or in the settings but theres nothing at all

Last edited:

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
I have the exact same problem as you since i bought the car, got an ibiza fr, was using infotainment 1561 which said there were no updates, went to buy a usb c in hopes i could finally fix this annoyance and updated but it will wont have any wireless, it only works via cable :/

I checked in the "delete all" under the available updates and noticed something saying wlan_app 0mb, not sure if thats related. I just have no wifi at all, bluetooth works fine, seat connect works fine, full link on cable works fine but wireless no.

I dont know if wifi is supposed to show up on the list of wifis on phone or in the settings but theres nothing at all
Do you have a Wi-Fi button in the top right corner when you bring up the menu by sliding from top to bottom? If you don't, then you might have a unit without this function. If you do, are you able to turn it on sometimes or not at all?

Feb 22, 2024
Do you have a Wi-Fi button in the top right corner when you bring up the menu by sliding from top to bottom? If you don't, then you might have a unit without this function. If you do, are you able to turn it on sometimes or not at all?
I have the bluetooth button and an internet/globe. I thought this new model had no versions without wifi, specially cuz it says it has wireless connection both in the manual and on seat.
Its a Ibiza FR 2022 model, if thats the case that kinda sucks

I see so many talks from so many sources each says a thing, some say this version with the knobs dont have wifi. Others say every model since 2020 has wifi. I dont know anything anymore, theres just so few support on this and so much misinformation everywhere

Last edited:

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
I have the bluetooth button and an internet/globe. I thought this new model had no versions without wifi, specially cuz it says it has wireless connection both in the manual and on seat.
Its a Ibiza FR 2022 model, if thats the case that kinda sucks

I see so many talks from so many sources each says a thing, some say this version with the knobs dont have wifi. Others say every model since 2020 has wifi. I dont know anything anymore, theres just so few support on this and so much misinformation everywhere
I can confirm versions with knobs can have Wi-Fi. Maybe not all of them, but mine certainly does.

What I'm referring to is when you bring down the menu by sliding from top to bottom. There you should have a Bluetooth and then a Wi-Fi button, not the network one. Also, your software version is very different from mine, which might indicate you have a different system (perhaps one without Wi-Fi)

Feb 22, 2024
I can confirm versions with knobs can have Wi-Fi. Maybe not all of them, but mine certainly does.

What I'm referring to is when you bring down the menu by sliding from top to bottom. There you should have a Bluetooth and then a Wi-Fi button, not the network one. Also, your software version is very different from mine, which might indicate you have a different system (perhaps one without Wi-Fi)
In there i dont know, but if they are different it still updated from 1561 to 1800 lol

Thanks for the help!

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
Nope, im assuming mine doesnt have wifi which is a shame. Using a cable is not very practical lol

Dont think its possible to "upgrade" either
You can always buy a Wi-Fi adapter and connect it to your car via USB. It's what I would do if I didn't have Wi-Fi. You just have to find one that works well with your car and phone, which sometimes is not easy.

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
Just a brief update, after a month of testing, the firmware update has fixed my WI-Fi issues entirely, which is awesome. I suggest anyone with similar issues to update your firmware, hopefully through your dealership. If they refuse or charge you, you can do it manually like I did. Good luck.

Reactions: Metalogic