Seat Ibiza's Wi-Fi won't turn on (2022 version with the newest facelift)

zWorraps

Apr 7, 2023
Portugal
Hello,

A few months ago I purchased an Ibiza MK6 (Newest model with the facelift from 2022) and ever since I got it, I have this issue where the Wi-Fi is ocasionally turned off when I enter the car, and the only way to get it working again is by restarting the Infotainment system by holding the left button for 10-15 seconds. And even then, sometimes I need to do this 2 or 3 times since there's like a 50% chance that the Wi-Fi won't turn on.

When it doesn't turn on, the Wi-Fi button shows up as white instead of orange, which in a normal scenario would mean it is just turned off and you could just tap once to turn it on, but this is not the case as it simply won't turn on no matter how many times I press it. Bluetooth works as intended and I can turn it off and on at will by tapping its button on the top right corner. I've spent weeks messing around with the settings but the only thing that actually works is either restarting the system a few times and hoping it turns on as mentioned above or connecting the cable to my phone and use it wired instead to avoid the hassle. As you can imagine, this is not a sustainable solution for a new car.

I want to add that WHEN the Wi-Fi turns on, it works perfectly. The issue is getting it to turn on initially.

I have googled this and I'm unable to find any other users having the exact same issue. I was wondering if this is happening with others on a similar car with the same Infotainment system and if you've managed to find a solution.

I've tried using a different phone from a different brand. Same thing keeps happening. I've tried restoring the factory settings. Didn't work. I also checked for software updates but since I got the car, none have showed up for me even though I'm registered in SEAT CONNECT. When I go into "software update", it says it's already up to date. Current version is 1761.

Could it be that the Wi-Fi module came defective? If this was the case, is this something that can easily be replaced by the dealership? Looking for opinions on this matter.

Thank you in advance.