Fester999

May 17, 2020
I had the inspection done yesterday no issues, I now have 7 days to sign up.
The wife says it's a good idea but might change the car to an automatic!
She passed years ago in a manual.
She also said she would cancel the packaged bank account which includes breakdown cover, although the AA cover wouldn't cover my motorbike! Anyone want a wife free to any feckin home!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I had the inspection done yesterday no issues, I now have 7 days to sign up.
The wife says it's a good idea but might change the car to an automatic!
She passed years ago in a manual.
She also said she would cancel the packaged bank account which includes breakdown cover, although the AA cover wouldn't cover my motorbike! Anyone want a wife free to any feckin home!
I never paid anything for mine but over the years she's cost me a bloody fortune :cry:.

Reactions: AnotherLife

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I’ve got a service and mot booked next week, getting the aircon serviced/refreshed too. That should be all the boxes ticked and hopefully will pass inspection in October when the current warranty runs out

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
I went for the all-in check on Monday.

Brake fluid wasn't changed at 3 years old by the previous owner (car is now 3 years and 4 months old) and SEAT advised that they would need to see proof of the brake fluid being changed within 7 days of the check taking place in order to start the warranty.

I opted to have the fluid changed whilst they did the elegibility check as I couldn't fit it in to be done elsewhere.

Worth checking with your local dealer.

Side note, I'm still waiting on a decision from SEAT to go ahead, car has a non standard exhaust and they're deciding if they can give me the warranty altogether or just exclude things related to the exhaust such as emissions

Went for the check on July 19th and still haven't had confirmation of the warranty

Service manager was on holiday the week after so waited for him to return. Forgot about it for a bit and called up this week, service manager thought it was handled whilst he was on leave.

Called back today and still haven't heard anything, no looking good considering the check is only valid for 7 days.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
The breakdown cover only covers the car.
So now I'm looking at motorcycle cover.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Had the inspection this morning - took 45 minutes & the car was washed & valeted.
I signed up & when I arrived home (35 minute rive) the confirmation & info email was waiting for me having been sent 10 minutes after I had left the garage.
I did learn that the plan is not transferable to a subsequent owner if you sell the car before the two years are up.
Don't see why anyone would py the whole cost upfront as there is no finacial penalty for payo

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
I've signed up for it and reasonably hassle free except waited 2 hours not 10 mins but they were busy tbh , I did notice though there's a few things that would void it, driving off road and racing were mentioned so if you've a 4x4 don't off road it and don't race your cupra lol, although track days aren't technically racing...I hope !.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.