Seat Leon 1.4 TSI - Knocking sound

EnergyF

Oct 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

Some time ago I noticed a strange sound of the car when stationary and when the gearbox is in the neutral position. When I press the clutch there is no sound. The sound is heard most near the front left wheel. I did some research and the mechanic looked at it and said it could be the gearbox, but I found on the internet that people have solved the problem by replacing the clutch set. What do you suppose is the issue, how could I solve this problem. It is important to emphasize that it does not represent any problem while driving.

Sound car be heard in the following videos https://file.io/DpWrVyBzT4vr .

Last edited:

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Could be backlash in your gears.
When you put your foot on the clutch you are disconnecting the gearbox from the engine - so the gears stop spinning.
Has it ever have a gearbox oil change? If not that would be your cheapest first option.
Or could be dual mass flywheel? - which is expensive!

EnergyF

Oct 10, 2023
Thanks for advice.

I bought the car a few months ago but I don't think the transmission oil ever gets changed so I definitely have a plan to do that in the next few weeks.

Not sure if my car has a dual mass flywheel. I found somewhere that models for the European market are equipped with a single mass flywheel. Can I check it?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
What is your engine and gearbox code? I can check what flywheel fits?

EnergyF

Oct 10, 2023
This is a list of PR codes of my car.

1000008595.jpg

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
The flywheel for the manual CHPA 140ps part number 03C 105 269 P is solid/NOT dual mass
The automatic and the 150ps version have DMF.

1710848232487.png

You have springs in your clutch plate so I guess this could rattle/knock if worn.
How many miles has it done? First I would change the oil if this hasn't been done/unknown.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I would change your oil first then and see if that reduced your backlash in your gears.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.