Seat Leon 2006 2.0 tdi fr EGT sensor issue.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
The dashboard has the flashing glow plug light as well as engine light and dpf light.

I presume the dpf will not regenerate with this fault.

I'm told I need to replace the egt sensor.

Error code is P0546 exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high bank 1 sensor 1.

I'm having trouble finding the correct part number for this sensor and best place to buy it?

Once I done that I can then see if the dpf will regenerate if not then I'll have to do a dpf clean as well.

So first of all which sensor is it? Seems to be three.

One before turbocharger, one before dpf and one after dpf etc.

If someone can point me in the right direction of the correct part and part number that will be a great help.

Many thanks.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Hopefully it's the one before the DPF, as it's usually easier to change than the one in the turbo itself (which can be seized in place)
Follow the sensor cable to the plug, unplug it and see if it throws a code for exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 1.

If you are removing that sensor it's worthwhile throwing some cleaning spray down the DPF at the same time, since it goes into that sensor hole.

This stuff works a treat

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
The garage mentioned something about it could be seized so it might be that sensor.

All I know is its coming up with that error code and G235.

I don't have a diagnostic scanner to unplug the sensor and see if it comes up with any codes.

Or do you mean unplug sensor then turn the dashboard on to see if the lights go out?

Still looking for the correct part if anyone knows.

The garage said its £150 just for the part.
I want to see if I can buy one cheaper than that.

I have had a look and it seems I can get it cheaper but not sure if it's the correct part.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Or do you mean unplug sensor then turn the dashboard on to see if the lights go out?

Yea but the light won't go out. You should get a new error code for that sensor, if you still have the same error code and a new one on top then the sensor you've unplugged isn't the right one.

If the cars getting fixed in a garage just leave them to it, you shouldn't need to do their work for them.

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
The garage mentioned something about it could be seized so it might be that sensor.

All I know is its coming up with that error code and G235.

I don't have a diagnostic scanner to unplug the sensor and see if it comes up with any codes.

Still looking for the correct part if anyone knows.

The garage said its £150 just for the part.
I want to see if I can buy one cheaper than that.

I have had a look and it seems I can get it cheaper but not sure if it's the correct part.
Things like MAFs and O2,EGT sensors need to be decent quality. Cheap sensors give dodgy readings. EGT is almost certainly going to be the first sensor by the turbo

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Your garage should be sorting it out for you, not something the customer is supposed to locate.

If they can't/won't then you're using the wrong place.

Reactions: mty12345
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise