seat leon 55 fr TFSI

Mar 30, 2019
Hi and thank you for allowing myself to join this site.
I could do with some advise on a couple of issues if that's cool.

First, I have been told by a garage that my front off-side indicator isn't working due to the headlight unit catching the wires and they have come across this problem before. The bulb has not blown. has anybody come across this problem before?
Secondly, I have a whirling sound coming from the front tyres for want of a better word. The noise gets louder the faster I go and is still there when I press the clutch in?
Any advise would be most appreciated.
many thanks,
smiddy55

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
Welcome along..does that noise start at a certain speed or is it always there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2019
Hi Robbie,
It is always there and gets louder the faster I go.
I have driven round a quite car park and the noise does change when turning.

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
First thing that popped into my head was a wheel bearing, but I ain't no mechanic,

Mar 30, 2019
I've read somewhere that TYRES are the problem and not the bearing as its just passed an mot and was making the noise then.

I'm thinking of swapping the fronts with rear tyres ????

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
Would probably be no harm j just to swap them around and see anyway, over here in Ireland our mot (nct) probably wouldn't pick up the wheel bearing but I think your test Is a lot more stringent

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
On my 57 plates FR I got 50p shaped tyres from uneven wear on the inner wall and I got that exact issue you describe... The Leon is a sucker for it and I recommend getting it realigned after new tyres if needed. Although my noise only started at about 50mph and got louder from there.

It's possible that it's something else but well worth checking the tyres like said above.

Oh and welcome to the forum haha great car! You'll have to get some pics up (blank your plates though)

Cheers

Mar 30, 2019
Cheers Jimbobcook and Robbie 290,

Took it to a local garage which kindly put it on their lift.

They turned the wheels and touched the spring whilst the wheels were turning, on the offside front spring I could feel the vibration so they have diagnosed a new wheel bearing was causing the noise.

I also asked a cheeky question about the indicator and they took it out, cleaned the contact and put it back and it magickly worked but said it could be an earth problem.

The best bit is they never charged me, but I always use them so being loyal does have its benefits.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Cheers Jimbobcook and Robbie 290,

Took it to a local garage which kindly put it on their lift.

They turned the wheels and touched the spring whilst the wheels were turning, on the offside front spring I could feel the vibration so they have diagnosed a new wheel bearing was causing the noise.

I also asked a cheeky question about the indicator and they took it out, cleaned the contact and put it back and it magickly worked but said it could be an earth problem.

The best bit is they never charged me, but I always use them so being loyal does have its benefits.
Happy days! Good shout @Robbie 290 It's only easy if you know how lol

Reactions: smiddy55

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
Ha ha, I went in to get a wheel bearing done.....and they had to replace the gearbox so it's not that bad

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members