Seat Leon 5F DRL problem *FIXED*

larrysimon

Apr 5, 2016
Hi All,

Got a very annoying problem with my 2016 Seat Leon FR with LED Headlights, the right hand DRL is not working I scanned it and got the following code B12EDF2 (Right LED daytime running lamp and parking lamp LED module Supply, open circuit/short circuit to B+ Intermittent).

I first thought it was the L177 LED module so fitted a brand new one - No change still not working. Then fitted a new J667 output module - No change still not working.

I swapped the headlights around and both work perfectly when plugged into the Left side headlight connector, so its fair to assume its not the headlights.

The wiring plugs are in good condition and no damage - The main headlamp "D" connector has 12v at pin 12 but only 1.5v at pin 10 which is the only fault I can find ? strangely the wiring from the headlight to the BCM checks out OK with continuity and low resistance.

Scratching my head now, any help appreciated.

larrysimon

Apr 5, 2016
Well after a few months of trying to fix this DRL Fault, the car went back to the Seat Dealer and they replaced the BCM with a hefty contribution from Seat UK. In short the BCM failed internally resulting in the O/S DRL not lighting, that was the only fault with the BCM !. Cars Fixed now and all is good again with my Leon.

Reactions: jcbmally