SEAT Leon Cupra R First UK test

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT kindly invited SEATCupra.net to an exclusive preview of their latest and most powerful production SEAT to date, the SEAT Leon Cupra R.
So with little delay we headed off to Milton Keynes to meet up with SEAT UK's Head of PR, Mike and SEAT Leon Product Manager, Andy.

The task set before us was to take the very latest and as yet unreleased barn-storming Leon Cupra R for a spirited test around Buckinghamshire.

Read our unique three way test review

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Good write up lads, looks like an interesting proposition, although how long before they start lopping money off the 25k price?

Have they mentioned anything about numbers per year?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great read that. Good work guys.

I think the Mk2 LCR will do well, I tend to agree in that it'll be more 'new-seat' customers than existing who buy it though.

Still, if I win a lot of money, I'll get one! But I'd still keep my Mk1.

Wonder what it maps to stage 1?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Good write up lads, looks like an interesting proposition, although how long before they start lopping money off the 25k price?

Have they mentioned anything about numbers per year?

The new price puts me off, because I know they will take a hit in the first few months. But could well be an interesting used buy.

They didn't say they are limiting them, almost every dealer has been given the option of a demo car for its official dealer launch around May. Which means the dealers will be open to offers on their demo cars.

Order books officially open tomorrow, for anyone who wants theirs to arrive within the first/second shipments.

Then from that point on they are essentially building them to order.

Last edited:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
The new price puts me off, because I know they will take a hit in the first few months. But could well be an interesting used buy.

They didn't say they are limiting them, almost every dealer has been given the option of a demo car for its official dealer launch around May. Which means the dealers will be open to offers on their demo cars.

Order books officially open tomorrow, for anyone who wants theirs to arrive within the first/second shipments.

Then from that point on they are essentially building them to order.

:think:

will see how that pans out then, exchanging contracts on a house in a couple of weeks, 0.6miles from work, so we will be going down to one car.

jess likes the leon :whistle:

azza21

Maybe it will look better in white but i prefer the looks of the K1, it looks slightly bulkier in your face me thinks :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members