SEAT LEON ESTATE 1.4 eHybrid Xcellence 5dr DSG - Towbar fitting.

Feb 17, 2021
Hi, hope you can help, I will be getting this car (Leon Estate eHybrid - ordered), and want to have a Tow bar fitted. After much searching I have managed to determine.....

- Factory fit Tow bar not possible (excluded for Hybrid, I assume not enough space for hook to fold up due to Hybrid components?).
- Seat literature (and Seat support email) says it can tow 1500kg (12%)
- VIN plate examples say Hatchback and Estate eHybrid can tow 1500kg (GTW-GVW).
- TowTrust removable tow hitch Tow bar TSDA2VK-6207 (From Batch No. 42980), has been fitted to Petrol/diesel estates successfully, and Towtrust believe should fit Estate Hybrid.
- Seat technical help and dealer parts I have spoken to are not able to provide exploded rear view with bumper removed.

However I have not seen any photos of the Estate eHybrid with the bumper removed to see if there are any Hybrid or other components that may prevent the TT Tow bar fitting, I can see from a Seat marketing image the battery is under the rear seat, and petrol tank (40L?) moved rear and upwards.
Has anyone had a towbar fitted to the an Leon Estate eHybrid, or have photos/exploded view of the rear of the car with bumper removed please (so we can see if Tow bar will fit)?
Thanks in advance :)
1613563674224.png

Mar 6, 2021
Hi, I found this information very useful as I’m in the process of looking for a small estate PHEV that can tow a caravan. Did you get any further in discovering whether a towbar will fit?
Thanks.

Feb 17, 2021
Hi, yes and no. I have ordered the car and dealer thinks they can fit a towbar, so we agreed a dealer fit (3rd party TT bar) with the agreement if it doesn't fit I will reject the car. I have an ongoing support call with Seat UK asking them to provide a reason why they prevent ordering factory fit bar and a view of the rear of the car with bumper removed so we can make a judgement on if TT bar will fit. Tow Trust have said they would 'work to make it fit' should there be any issues, which is a good sign the company are willing to work to resolve any fitment issues.
Looking at the Seat Factory bar (that they wont let you fit on the eHybrid) I can see it needs space behind the bar for the hook to fold up into, so I am hoping the fact that the TowTrust is removable and wont need that fold up space it will therefore fit, however I would rather not have to rely on hope and hence trying to get Seat to clarify. Its quite frustrating when you ask 2 simple questions to Seat that they struggle to reply.
Hope this helps a bit. The lead time for delivery is approx 4 months.
1615030476309.png
1615030590828.png
1615030521005.png

Mar 6, 2021
Thanks, again very helpful. If you get a response from Seat support please update this thread.

HazeTaze

Aug 31, 2016
Hello!
I will soon buy the 2021 SEAT CUPRA Leon Sportstourer 1.4 Hybrid PHEV. Is there anyone thats been able to retrofit a towbar to this model?
The dealer wont install the factory one becouse of the panoramic roof.

I see that @Scratch been able to retrofit to the estate hybrid. Hopefully that will fit the new cupra aswell even if it points in the text that it will not, which makes me curious why not.

Jan 8, 2023
I am looking to purchase a Cupra Leon Hybrid Estate, and keen to understand if its possible, what type of tow bar and how its is fitted. I only need it to carry a bike rack, with max 100kg, incl carrier. Some images and the type would be great. Thanks in advance

Feb 17, 2021
Bobsy, I ended up getting dealer-fit TowTrust removeable towbar (think a TSDA2VK-6207) https://www.tow-trust.co.uk/towbars/seat/leon/TSDA2VK_6207-leon-st-est-inc-fr-not-cupra/2020>.
If you need a flange I believe you can get TSDA2, but it is fixed. https://www.tow-trust.co.uk/towbars/seat/leon/TSDA2-leon-st-est-inc-fr-not-cupra/2020>.
(If anyone has the TowTrust TSDA2VK-6207 removeable and wants to convert to a fixed flange I believe you can using part TSDA2-EXT which replaces the removeable socket and swanneck). (This was on a 21 'reg eHybrid estate.)

Fitting instructions for each.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://tow-trust.s3.amazonaws.com/instructions/TSDA2VK-6207.pdf
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://tow-trust.s3.amazonaws.com/instructions/TSDA2.pdf
(*make sure the version you order fits your car, i.e. don't trust these links, they are for info only, go through TT car Towbar selector list (as things can change over time))

Attachments

• tttt.png
    tttt.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: Bobsy
Jan 8, 2023
@Scratch Many thanks and much appreciated, thats perfect and really helpful to see it mounted! Removable is fine for my needs and vertical weight limit is ideal. once again, much appreciated!

Reactions: Scratch
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.