SEAT LEON FACE LIFT TICK LIGHTS FIT INTO PREFACE LIFT MODEL

Feb 26, 2021
Anyone know or have done this conversion before..
so i have recently fitted in ‘tick lights’ into my 2007 seat leon FR I have upgraded it with the face lift tailgate so it’s all fitted in however the inner tick light is not working but the outer tick light switches on... also on the dash the light symbol is on.
Does this have to be coded in?

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
so i have recently fitted in ‘tick lights’ into my 2007 seat leon FR I have upgraded it with the face lift tailgate so it’s all fitted in however the inner tick light is not working but the outer tick light switches on... also on the dash the light symbol is on.
from what i gather the LED tail lights have to be coded on the facelifts, i've not seen them on pre-facelifts, it might not even be possible with the differences with the control units 🤷‍♂️

Feb 26, 2021
from what i gather the LED tail lights have to be coded on the facelifts, i've not seen them on pre-facelifts, it might not even be possible with the differences with the control units

I’ve seen them fitted on a pre facelifts model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2021

Hi I was just wondering if the face lift tailgate was a hard job or easy thanks

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I have these on my Leon, the power to the LEDs is a modified bulb holder (which on non LED lights would contain a bulb) so I am unclear as to what would need to be coded. Do they have variable brightness or somesuch?

I can see why you might get a bulb fail light on the dash. I might pop one out and have a look to see if they need to be driven differently than a bulb.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
With the genuine Seat / Valeo lights coding is required to turn off the blown bulb detection. The detection system causes the LEDs to flicker if it's not turned off.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Ah. Would a load resistor cure that perhaps. Has anyone tried a combination of capacitor and resistor. Coding is probably simpler

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise