SEAT Leon Factory Order - How long did you wait??

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
As most on here now know, I've placed a factory order for a K1
Irfan told me i'd have to wait upto 12 weeks.

Question is:

Should I expect the car sooner or is 12 weeks accurate??
Some people have had to wait much longer
How long did you wait for your factory order?
[B)]

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
mine took 9weeks friend brand new order:p

Dealer said 12-14weeks to be exact though O_O

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
About 10-12 weeks both times.
Bear in mind yours might take longer though, as apparently they put the bodykit on in this country.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I ordered one that was already allocated to the dealer and in the order process waiting to be built.

They were due to get the car a month later and I was going to take delivery about 10 days after that as I was actually on holiday when they expected it be ready.

I rang up 3 days before my holiday and was told my car has been delayed by a month as there was a delay at the factory.

In the end they apparently sourced me another car of the same spec, which I took delivery of only a week after I was supposed to get the original car.

So I would say upto 12 weeks if there are no delays, but a delay at the factory could push it out longer.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I ordered one that was already allocated to the dealer and in the order process waiting to be built.

They were due to get the car a month later and I was going to take delivery about 10 days after that as I was actually on holiday when they expected it be ready.

I rang up 3 days before my holiday and was told my car has been delayed by a month as there was a delay at the factory.

In the end they apparently sourced me another car of the same spec, which I took delivery of only a week after I was supposed to get the original car.

So I would say upto 12 weeks if there are no delays, but a delay at the factory could push it out longer.

I wonder if that was when there was a fire at the factory last year .... hrmm

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Ordered first week of January, delivered last Saturday = 10 weeks. Not bad all in.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I ordered my Cupra at the end of March 2007 and it was delivered to me on 6th September 2007. I could have had it a month or 2 earlier but the car would be worth a little less at the end of my PCP scheme. plus it now means I'll be getting a '60' reg!!

I looked into the used price difference between plate changes when mine was delayed as they said my original car would be available mid August. I checked the difference in value used on a 2 year old Cupra R (the nearest equivalent to a Mk 2 Cupra) and it was something like £500.

I was prepared to take a car up until the end of July, but not in August. Luckily they managed to source the one that I have now. Otherwise they had agreed to let me register it in September under the same deal.

Mar 3, 2008
york
i have also been told 12 weeks so that puts it first week in june so i hope it comes then. But saying that i am away on holiday until the 24th may so if its 11 weeks it might be here when i get back.

Wookie72

Factory ordered 06 TDI Sport with Bi-Xenons, Sat Nav, CD Changer. 12 weeks for delivery to dealer. Then another 4 weeks wait due to the PDI centre not being happy with the handbrake and requesting modified parts for it!!! Was far from a happy bunny I tell ya

bIG bORE

Hi all i orderd a Candy White Cupra K1 also on March 8th:D. I was told by my dealer that i should have it by end of April! hope they are not telling me a pack of lies.:cry:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
I looked into the used price difference between plate changes when mine was delayed as they said my original car would be available mid August. I checked the difference in value used on a 2 year old Cupra R (the nearest equivalent to a Mk 2 Cupra) and it was something like £500.

I was prepared to take a car up until the end of July, but not in August. Luckily they managed to source the one that I have now. Otherwise they had agreed to let me register it in September under the same deal.

Similar situation here - dealer was cagey about the value of my car in 3 months' time but there's no way I'd sign an order form without a confirmed trade-in value.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Hi all i orderd a Candy White Cupra K1 also on March 8th:D. I was told by my dealer that i should have it by end of April! hope they are not telling me a pack of lies.:cry:

Mainly depends on the options you ordered. If you didn't order many then a group stock car would suffice. Then they'll bung the K1 kit on.

I ordered same car as youze
Can't wait!

bIG bORE

Mainly depends on the options you ordered. If you didn't order many then a group stock car would suffice. Then they'll bung the K1 kit on.

I ordered same car as youze
Can't wait!

Hi Phnates, extras i ordered were black wheels, bluetooth, convenience pack, hope i get it end of April as i saw 1 in the show room in Candy White and it looked the Dogs:p

Have you seen a Candy White K1 in the Metal so to speak?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.