SEAT Leon FL FR TDi

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
After 190 miles we have both been impressed with the economy, performance and looks of the car. The luna grey silver paintwork seems to suit the car well and shows off the extended wheel arches and slash along the body very well. The 17" Ibera wheels do look bigger than the 17" size that they are. The car is mechanically and electrically a Golf GTD reclothed IMO a more stylish suit. Even the back box of the exhaust is Golf GTD, just the interior lacks some of the soft touch plastics of the GTD.

DSC00454.jpg

The ride is still firm but the car corneres well and the XDS seems to do its job well and although ultimate grip and cornering was better in my 1 series it is very close and I would say in the wet probably more secure. The 17" wheells do give a slightly more compliant ride and road noise is a little less than the optional 18" as well. Off the mark a 120d is faster but the Leon seems more sprightly through the gears. The engine is a paech and VAG has an engine as good as the 2 litre 120d 177 and smother at idle than the 118d 143 that has a differnt injection system (does not have piezo injectors). Steering feel is also not as good as the 1 Series but is a little lighter and easier at manouvering speeds.

DSC00459.jpg

The Leon does seem to be a much better quality product and the materials use have made a step forward. The gaps on the centre consol are unsightly still but the soft touch Carbon fibre effect dash surrounding it looks and feels of a quality product and after a 2 hour drive home today it seemed well screwed togther and was quite a relaxing place to be in what is in esscence a hot hatch that makes a decent cruiser too.

DSC00456.jpg

Time will tell how good the car is but intial impression is a car that in some ways is better than my 3 1 Series's I owned before and certainly more spacious as well as a refreshing change after 6 years of BMW's. Lets see how good the both the product and the aftersales to see if we get another Leon or the new BMW 1 Series come 2013!!

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

Mods will be a private plate, already upgraded the lights and added a load linner oh and of course the SEAT OEM RNS510 Sat Nav that is due to be fitted any time soon

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Looks good in luna grey.
Getting my luna grey FR next Saturday 20th March.
Mine has the 18" wheels and so I hope the ride won't be too firm. Could only get one with 18" wheels because I wanted my car before the end of March as my current 07 black FR will need MOT, road tax and service at the end of this month.
I hope I enjoy my new FR as much as I've enjoyed my current one for the last 3 years.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.